title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music Converter Not working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Partha
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2017

Music Converter Not working

HI spoon, I just redownloaded dboweramp on a new windows 10 laptop (having dutifully deleted the earlier version) using the first link, but the music converter is not working. When I click on it, it opens to THis PC / Documents / Custom Office Templates. The CD ripper and batch converter look fine. Please help. Can you hack into the system and sort it out?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Music Converter Not working

If you run Music converter it can show an open file dialog of any location on the system, try browsing to where your music is, or instead right click on the music in File Explorer >> Convert To
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Partha
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2017

But in all my earlier versions I would click on the converter and then add the files?

Comment

• Partha
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Nov 2017

Ok thanks a ton. Once I started converting the files, it behaves normally.

Comment

• Partha
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Nov 2017

I have another question: I was getting free updates till now. Why do I have to pay to update to 17? Are you following the JRiver model?

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Partha
            I have another question: I was getting free updates till now. Why do I have to pay to update to 17? Are you following the JRiver model?
            It's always been true (for me, going back many versions), that the .x updates are free (i.e., 16.0, to 16.1, 16.2, etc.), but updates to a new major version (i.e., from 16.x to 17) have a new charge. But spoon has always given a discount price to current users upgrading.

Comment

• Partha
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Nov 2017

Originally posted by garym
              It's always been true (for me, going back many versions), that the .x updates are free (i.e., 16.0, to 16.1, 16.2, etc.), but updates to a new major version (i.e., from 16.x to 17) have a new charge. But spoon has always given a discount price to current users upgrading.
              Ok. What is the major change? There has been very little publicity on this.

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Partha
                Ok. What is the major change? There has been very little publicity on this.
                This was posted April 13, 2020, regarding the new ver. 17.

This new release features many enhancements, it is 20% faster on multi-core machines and is future-proofed through handling 64 cores. A new DSD encoder is included as standard (Reference), as well as many previously optional codecs, which are all updated to the latest releases. A new Quick Convert right explorer right click

Comment

• Partha
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Nov 2017

Originally posted by garym
                  This was posted April 13, 2020, regarding the new ver. 17.

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...indows-amp-OSX
                  Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>