title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ...CD Ripper and Tags

...CD Ripper and Tags

Hi

I hope you are all well and safe.

My question is about Tags and their use in organizing my music library.
    Is there a way/tool to globally manage file tags to better organize my FLAC library?

I am in the midst of converting my CD library to FLAC files using CD Ripper.
    I am using my desktop computer are my music server.
    I am using MusicBee to manage my library (but I am not necessarily wedded to it).

Here is my issue.
    I have several different recordings of the Beethoven 9 Symphonies.
    Some are filed are stored under Ludwig van Beethoven, others, by the name of the orchestra, and still others under the name of the conductor.
    How do I change the tags so all of the different recordings are under Beethoven?
    I looked at the artist tag for these symphonies, I noted that rather than Beethoven it often had the name of the orchestra etc.

Also, I noted that some of my classic rock recordings that have multiple artists performing with the main album artist are often stored in multiple locations.
    i.e. Paul Simon In Concert; Live Rhymin'.
    When I looked at the tags, I noted that the artist tag listed 3 different names.
    How do I fix this?

Thank you so much for your help.
    Stay Safe!

Administrator

Re: ...CD Ripper and Tags

PerfectTUNES is the program you need, it can list based on artist and globally change an artist, or composer to another value.