title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I move Asset upnp to a new computer?

How do I move Asset upnp to a new computer?

I acquired a new computer 30 days ago and the dealer moved everything for me. Now my Asset upnp has stopped so whereas I bought a lifetime supply clearly he just loaded the 30 day free trial. The message I get when trying to stream my music is “Requires Asset Premium Registration”
    Thanks

Administrator

Re: How do I move Asset upnp to a new computer?

Lost your order number? visit: https://secure.dbpoweramp.com/lostorder.aspx

Yes...was paid in 2014... now I&*8217;ve followed the link you sent and found the order... looks as if I&*8217;ve already paid twice... but I&*8217;m on the iPad I use to run the Naim streamer so what do I do? The link just shows downloads for Windows...

Administrator

From your computer you need to uninstall the free version of Asset and install the registered version, it cannot be done from the ipad.

I have windows 10 pro. I uninstalled Asset upnp then ran Asset upnp Premium R6.2 for Windows 10, 8, 7 & Vista. From your list as provided. No change...still nothing on iPad or android through Naim app.
    What now?

Administrator

Try restarting everything, firstly your router, then windows computer, then ipad.

Slight change... I now get Asset pnp Rackstation when I click on UPNP on the Naim app... then I click on Additional then Folders and Filenames...now again &*8220;Requires Asset Premium Registration&*8221;
    So I'm still stuck

Administrator

Possibly Asset is installed in 2 different locations, try to uninstall it, and if you can still browse it then it exists elsewhere.

I seem to have uninstalled it yet again
    But I found dBpoweramp Windows Media Audio 10 codec release 9 which won't uninstall as it can't find the uninstaller

I am completely fed up with this. I have paid the lifetime fee twice as far as I can tell.
    Please get me something that works

If I search by album, everything is there.
    I have only ever used folders and filenames
    The problem appears only to exist in folders and filenames but that is how I have organised my collection so that I can find what I want to hear.
    There is over 6tb of music so organised...

Administrator

Uninstall Asset, then see if you are able to browse Asset from the NAIM control point, if you are able to then you have Asset installed else where on your computer.

I understand now that my chap was told by Synology that he had to install Asset direct on the rackstation, which he did and that was the 30 day trial version that I was using.
    I have now installed the lifetime version that I bought in 2014 and can access folder and filenames browsing through Windows. What I don&*8217;t understand is why that was what they told me if it was an unnecessary duplicate expenditure nor why if I have bought a lifetime supply that should not be for the version that best suits my set up?

Administrator

Asset is licensed on a per platform, per install basis.

Well that&*8217;s not very ethical
    Never mind

Asset is now not finding recently ripped items in Windows.They are showing but the folders are empty. But in albums on rackstation the folders are populated and play correctly. Why is this? How do I overcome it?