title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: New to DBpoweramp

New to DBpoweramp

Hi -I'm new two Days of trying out PowerAmp and ready to buy the registered version, I saw that there is a bundle offer for perfect tunes. I do all my rips in Wav files, but have a two thousand albums ripped in EAC, what is perfect tunes what can it do for a Collection? and do I need it?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: New to DBpoweramp

Quote Originally Posted by ConnyT View Post
    Hi -I'm new two Days of trying out PowerAmp and ready to buy the registered version, I saw that there is a bundle offer for perfect tunes. I do all my rips in Wav files, but have a two thousand albums ripped in EAC, what is perfect tunes what can it do for a Collection? and do I need it?

PerfectTunes can re-confirm that previously ripped CDs match AccurateRip database. It can also do clean up on artwork (find better art), and do some ID tag info cleanup. I mostly use it for checking AR matches for previously ripped files.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    PerfectTunes can re-confirm that previously ripped CDs match AccurateRip database. It can also do clean up on artwork (find better art), and do some ID tag info cleanup. I mostly use it for checking AR matches for previously ripped files.
    Thank you for your answer, Is it possible to remove "old" tags a retag files? Also I have a library software for my Collection and have specified genres myself.
    Is it possible in DBpoweramp or Perfect tunes to remove genres and add own ones that stays so I don't have to type them for every CD`?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ConnyT View Post
    Thank you for your answer, Is it possible to remove "old" tags a retag files? Also I have a library software for my Collection and have specified genres myself.
    Is it possible in DBpoweramp or Perfect tunes to remove genres and add own ones that stays so I don't have to type them for every CD`?

I *think* so, but I haven't really played with the tag editing part of PerfectTunes.

Administrator

Tagging with PerfectTUNES is manual, there is no automatic tagging.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I *think* so, but I haven't really played with the tag editing part of PerfectTunes.
    With regular dbpoweramp, you can do a batch change of, say, genre. Let's say you want to change 800 ripped CD genres from "Pop/Rock" to "Rock". You would simply point to your files, filter on genre "Pop/Rock", then edit the genre file to be "Rock". So all 800 albums would be changed with a couple of file clicks.