title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: New To This Software

New To This Software

Hi,

I have been ripping my Collection for many years using EAC and ripped the files to Wav. files. Scanning my covers instead of downloading them from internet. For tagging and listening I have used JRiver Media and a dedicated computer with a DAC connected to my hifi.
    I'm now changing the computer and the external DAC to a BlueNode streamer. The problem I have is that just half of my albums when loading them to the BlueNode show the cover and I tried Everything without success. So I decided to skip EAC and go for Another software so here I am. What I have done Before with for example 2 cd albums is that I have renumber disc 2 so let's say disc 1 hold 20 tracks I just renumber disc 2 starting with track 21 and then put the tracks in
    one folder. I tried that today with this software but that didn't work there was no way I could add it tö my BlueNode.
    How do you handle boxsets as I have a lot of boxes holding from 3 up to 60 Cd's. Another thing I wonder is how the replay gain works, and Is it possible to remove the tags written to an album or do I have to re ripp the disc's once again?
    Otherwise it is a great Product and I even could add my own coverscans and get it to work on the BlueNode.
    Hope someone can give me these answers.

ConnyT

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: New To This Software

use the disk number tag and appropriate dynamic naming string to deal with multiple disk sets. And yes, replaygain is simply a metadata tag added during ripping (if one chooses that in options). To remove, just delete the tag, no need to rerip. One can do this in a batch mode...no need to do it album by album.

many people use a naming strategy of: 1-01, 1-02, ...., 2-01, 2-02,. ...., That is the file name includes disk number and track number. In my own case I have a parent album folder, with subfolders underneath with each disk. But all files have disk tags that my players understand. My naming string:

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][][]
    Last edited by garym; 06-23-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Sorry I might be stupid and English is not my native languise but what is a dynamic number and how to naming the string?

dBpoweramp Guru

dynamic NAMING. Set in the lower left of the CD Ripper screen. See above for an example of what I use. It handles compilations, noncompilations, single disks, and multiple disks. Also either artist or album artist. click the "SET" button next to the naming row, and then you can edit, or enter, or copy and paste my example above.

dBpoweramp Guru

also note that a lot of the help for the program is accessed by clicking on the little circles with ? inside. You see some of these in these attached pictures. They are everywhere on most screens when using dbpoweramp. Also see:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/Help/dMC/CDhelp.htm
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/Help/dMC/dMC.htm

Regarding the dynamic naming instructions I mentioned, see pics:
    Capture.PNG

Capture2.jpg
    Last edited by garym; 06-23-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Hi! I'm completely new to this software. I got a notification on my Mac telling me there's an update to Release 2.6 but when I clicked the link, I guess the page looks overwhelming to me. Where is the link to update? And am I even posting to the right place??
    Thanks for your help!
    donnac202

Administrator

All registered software is updated on the registration download page:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/

You need your order number, if you not have that then you can use your email address to look it up:

https://secure.dbpoweramp.com/lostorder.aspx