title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: With latest Windows Insider Preview CD Ripper has stopped working. Any ideas...

With latest Windows Insider Preview CD Ripper has stopped working. Any ideas...

Any ideas other than going back to Windows version where it worked?

Administrator

Re: With latest Windows Insider Preview CD Ripper has stopped working. Any ideas...

You would have to describe how it is not working, and what message or error is shown.

Re: With latest Windows Insider Preview CD Ripper has stopped working. Any ideas...

App loads fine. When I put in a CD and it attempts to read it...it crashes. I can play the CD from file manager. I've uninstalled the CD drive and rebooted and it is re-installed...still fails on dbpoweramp.

Administrator

Which version of dBpoweramp are you using?

Administrator

Try the last R17.1 from the testing section of the forum please, when it crashes there should be a page shown to take you to a dump file which can be sent to us, our email is on the 'About' link on the tool bar.

Tried with 17.1 beta...same results...generated a file that I sent via email.

I'm running 32 bit Windows on a x64 architecture machine.

Administrator

You tried enabling crash dumping as my email?

Created the dump and shared it on google drive.

Administrator

I have not had an email or Personal message with your link.

It started working again after installing Insider Build 20161.

dBpoweramp Guru

That's why it is often better to let software updates "age" a bit. Software is kind of like cheese or wine. It tastes better after it has a chance to age.

And there is some chance for beta software, even Windows betas like the "insider previews" to have obtuse bugs that cause weird issues. Microsoft has a long history of issuing updates (not even betas, but official releases) that break other software. Beware of anything that hasn't stood the test of time.