title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: R.17 - Metadata search takes very long or does not work at all

Thumbs down R.17 - Metadata search takes very long or does not work at all

Having used dBPoweramp and CDRipper on my Mac since many years without problems and to my great satisfaction, the latest version 17 is showing severe issues regarding CD Metadata retrieval. To recognize a CD takes substantial longer than before - and there are huge issues regarding metadata: Sometimes I do not get any results, sometimes I do get results if I wait just "long enough" (minutes, not seconds). The versions before 17 have been quite speedy ... and my internet configuration has not changed.

Please correct the software, otherwise the program will be rather useless (typing in metadata is no option for me).

Greetings - rk-elektroniker

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: R.17 - Metadata search takes very long or does not work at all

Try to untick all the metadata providers in settings then add back one at a time, to test whether one of the providers is causing the problem. I can't speak to the Mac version, but have not found any similar issues with the windows version. In fact, metadata retrieval has improved over ver 16.x.