title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper not creating folders for Album or Artist

CD Ripper not creating folders for Album or Artist

CD Ripper not creating folders for Album or Artist... Please help. Using Mac OS 10.15.5 & dBpoweramp version 17.1 beta 11

Super Moderator

Re: CD Ripper not creating folders for Album or Artist

Please clarify. What naming settings are you using (pictures of settings) ?
    Are you using Multi Encoder?
    Are all your files being ripped to the main folder instead of the intended artist / album subfolders?

I figured out a way to do it but I am not sure I like how it is working.

I am using the multi encoder

this is for wave -

[Genre]/[MAXLENGTH]80,[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][][]/[MAXLENGTH]80,[album][]/[MAXLENGTH]180,[IfMulti]CD [disc] - [][track] - [title] - ([IFEQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][][IF!EQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[artist][])[]

this is for Flac -

[Genre]/[MAXLENGTH]80,[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][][]/[MAXLENGTH]80,[album][]/[MAXLENGTH]180,[IfMulti]CD [disc] - [][track] - [title] - ([IFEQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][][IF!EQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[artist][])[]

I would like to possibly use different naming conventions for Classical & Jazz than I use for rock and other.

Administrator

You say it is working now?

yes it is...
    Is there a trick to the naming conventions?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lerguitar View Post
    yes it is...
    Is there a trick to the naming conventions?
    No tricks. But they are flexible and allow the user to make it almost anything one wants. What are you trying to achieve that is not working with current naming scheme? Also note that the "profiles" option (lower left of CD ripper screen) allows you to save your profiles, including naming schemes, separately. So you could have a Jazz profile (with naming scheme), and then a Classical profile, using a different naming scheme.