title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Dbpoweramp Music Converter and Ripper Questions

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Dbpoweramp Music Converter and Ripper Questions

I am looking for a replacement music ripper and converter software for my audio CD collection. I have looked over the dBpoweramp music software descriptions and I am considering purchasing the software product(s). However, I have some questions before I commit to making a purchase. The questions are listed below:

1. Is the Audio Converter and CD Ripper located within the same software or are they two separate programs?
    2. On the purchase page, are the purchase selection prices for both the converter and ripper?
    3. I wish to rip my CDs using the cleanest rip option possible to minimize the chances of playback errors, glitches, and distortion. Does the ripper and/or conversion software offer ripping options such as quick, standard, or an option that gets the cleanest most accurate rip possible?
    4. My intention is to rip my CD collection to FLAC. After I am done ripping my CD collection to that format, I intend to make copies of those songs in either MP3 or M4A format. I wish to keep my FLAC files and their folders after the conversion process since I will use the FLAC songs for home music listening and the MP3/M4A format for travel use. Do either or both of these software programs allow me to keep the source files and folders (FLAC) after conversion (to MP3/M4A) and copy the file and folder structures of those songs and albums to a folder location of my own choosing?
    5. Can I create playlists in either of these programs? If so, can I also import and export playlists to and from other music player programs or MP3 players? Can I also copy or transfer songs in between playlists?
    6. I am aware that freedb music database has recently shut down. Based on the product descriptions, am I correct in understanding, that the music software product(s) automatically lookup CD track and album information from multiple music databases?
    7. If I converted from FLAC to ALAC or vice versa, would I lose any audio quality when converting my songs to either format despite both formats being lossless?
    8. Can I manually change song and album information if I feel the auto-generated data is incorrect?
    9. I currently listen to my music on a Sony Walkman NW-A45 MP3 player. Do the music software product(s) support copying and transferring songs, albums, and playlists to this player or is there an addon file or extension that would allow me to use the software product(s) to copy my music to my MP3 player and/or smartphone?
    10. I plan to use the music software on one computer only. If for some reason I re-install my operating system or replace the hard drive that my operating system is located on, or I replace my computer, am I correct in understanding that the single-computer license would allow me to re-install the software with the existing license without having to buy a new license and that my license would never expire?

Thanks in advance.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Dbpoweramp Music Converter and Ripper Questions

1. Is the Audio Converter and CD Ripper located within the same software or are they two separate programs?
    same
    2. On the purchase page, are the purchase selection prices for both the converter and ripper?
    one price for both. one program.
    3. I wish to rip my CDs using the cleanest rip option possible to minimize the chances of playback errors, glitches, and distortion. Does the ripper and/or conversion software offer ripping options such as quick, standard, or an option that gets the cleanest most accurate rip possible?
    yes, ultra secure rip option. the creator of dbpoweramp is also the creator of ACCURATERIP. Matching accuraterip numbers is the best way to assure a 100% bit perfect rip.
    4. My intention is to rip my CD collection to FLAC. After I am done ripping my CD collection to that format, I intend to make copies of those songs in either MP3 or M4A format. I wish to keep my FLAC files and their folders after the conversion process since I will use the FLAC songs for home music listening and the MP3/M4A format for travel use. Do either or both of these software programs allow me to keep the source files and folders (FLAC) after conversion (to MP3/M4A) and copy the file and folder structures of those songs and albums to a folder location of my own choosing?
    yes, easy to do. Can also simultaneously rip to flac and mp3/m4a, with each set of files going to a different set of folders.
    5. Can I create playlists in either of these programs? If so, can I also import and export playlists to and from other music player programs or MP3 players? Can I also copy or transfer songs in between playlists?
    not sure about this.
    6. I am aware that freedb music database has recently shut down. Based on the product descriptions, am I correct in understanding, that the music software product(s) automatically lookup CD track and album information from multiple music databases?
    yes, it uses multiple sources for metadata. The best options one can have.
    7. If I converted from FLAC to ALAC or vice versa, would I lose any audio quality when converting my songs to either format despite both formats being lossless?
    no. lossless = lossless.
    8. Can I manually change song and album information if I feel the auto-generated data is incorrect?
    yes
    9. I currently listen to my music on a Sony Walkman NW-A45 MP3 player. Do the music software product(s) support copying and transferring songs, albums, and playlists to this player or is there an addon file or extension that would allow me to use the software product(s) to copy my music to my MP3 player and/or smartphone?
    not sure.
    10. I plan to use the music software on one computer only. If for some reason I re-install my operating system or replace the hard drive that my operating system is located on, or I replace my computer, am I correct in understanding that the single-computer license would allow me to re-install the software with the existing license without having to buy a new license and that my license would never expire?
    correct

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

5. I don't think dbpa can create playlists. After you have ripped your music you can try Mp3tag to create playlists. Mp3tag is free is used by many to correct or add metadata to their music files. Here is a link to a Mp3tag forum post about creating playlists. https://community.mp3tag.de/t/create...lders/11405/10
    I haven't tried the process yet, but I'm planning to test it.

9. I looked at the Sony NW-A45 over a year ago, and I thought the user manual said you had to use their software to copy music to the player. You might want to check the manual or check online to see if there has been any updates.

dBpoweramp Guru

Before purchasing, why not test the software, using the free trial version?