title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Retaining the Adv. Settings "Music Converter Debug" checkbox status

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Retaining the Adv. Settings "Music Converter Debug" checkbox status

Is there a config setting, or Windows Registry setting that will prevent the clearing of the Advanced Settings - "Music Converter Debug" checkbox in the dBpoweramp Control Center popup? I'm not sure if it's a bug in the debug, or whether it's by design. Either way, it sure is annoying.

I find that it seems to get cleared automatically after every conversion. This is not useful when I am running multiple consecutive tests. I have to go in and click the checkbox after every single conversion. That gets tiring, and is frustrating when I forget to re-check it before a conversion.

Example: Music Converter Debug.png

Note: This seems rather inconsistent compared to the Video Converter, which doesn't seem to (thankfully) reset the Checkbox after each conversion.

Just an idea, but perhaps it might be useful (as it certainly would be for me ), to include a checkbox next to that one, that states something like "Auto-clear after conversion", or something like that. Perhaps then, that one could remain hidden unless the first checkbox is actually checked.

Autoclear.png
    Last edited by Dropbear; 06-16-2020 at 11:45 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Retaining the Adv. Settings "Music Converter Debug" checkbox status

Ok. I think I see why you've done it like this. It's because the Video Converter only outputs a single combined log of all multiple encodes into one log file, whereas the Music Converter writes to separate temp log files, and there would be an orgy of txt files bursting onto the Desktop if that were allowed to happen. I'd like to see that!

Hmmm. Wouldn't it be possible to set an internal flag during the encode process, after the output of the first log file, to suppress the output of following individual log files, without actually resetting the "Music Converter Debug' checkbox?
    Last edited by Dropbear; 06-17-2020 at 12:30 AM.