title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Metadata is no longer retrieved

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mwbsound
    • Jun 2020

Metadata is no longer retrieved

Hello

I have been using the DB Poweramp issue R15.3 for quite a few yeras now without any problem.

A couple of years ago the AMG database was no longer usable but all else was OK.

But since a few days no metadata is retrieved from the GD3, Music Brainz and Freedb databases as well. After some research I found the freedb database is no longer usable anyway because the owner closed on the march 30 2020 but also the otherones don't work anymore.

Can anyone confirm this?

I naturally was considering upgradig to the R17 issue of the software but this still uses freedb which offcourse has no point.

Could anyone of Illustrate give some update on thios.

For your information. I tried rebooting my system but that doesn't work. I have the familypack issue and it is installed on 3 systems and they all have the same issue.

Please help.

Regards, Marnix
  • mwbsound
    • Jun 2020

Re: Metadata is no longer retrieved

Just done some research regarding the Freedb database and it is offline since June 13th 2020 so and will stay offline so this feature use also useless on the new R17 issue of dBPoweramp.

Marnix

Comment

• Dat Ei
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2014

Hey Marnix,

one of the new features of R17 is:

"dbpoweramp implemented own freedb server to combat the retiring of the old freedb.org"

But aside of that I've just tested the metadata retrieve with two CDs. I've retrieved metadata from GD3 (as from Discogs as well). Maybe any security software is blockling?

Dat Ei

Comment

• mwbsound
        • Jun 2020

Hi,

OK, I didn't know that regarding the freedb server. I tried to use that using my old R15.3 version but that doesn't work. I downloaded a trial version of R17 at that's really a different cookie. Looks much better so I will probably updat to that version. That will solve my problems I guess.

I still hope Illustrate will react to this regarding the problems with the Musicbrainz and GD3 dabases because these two should still work and at the moment (since about 2 days) don't work anymore. There is no real reason for that.

Thanks for your reaction.

Marnix

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

We have not changed anything, if R15 previously worked on GD3 then it is the same as 2 years ago, it is likely something local is blocking it.

Do GD3 and Musicbrainz work in R17?

Check your computers date and time, accurate date and time are needed for GD3 and musicbrainz (which are based on HTTPS).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• fearofmanc
            • Jun 2020

I have a similar issue to the OP. I haven't been able to retrieve any metadata from MusicBrainz since 15 June. The only source that's working currently is GD3. I'm using R14.4, on Windows 10 Home version 1903.

Daily reboots haven't helped, and my system time/date look correct.
            Last edited by fearofmanc; 06-17-2020, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Musicbrainz updated their server code, for R17 we had to update our code to be compatible again with Musicbrainz.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>