title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: A "Run External" DSP with the Video Converter

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

A "Run External" DSP with the Video Converter

I desperately need a "Run External" DSP Effect to use with the Video Converter, similar to the "Run External" DSP that's available with the Music Converter, that can be run before or after the FFmpeg command.

Without this DSP, I'm not too sure how to proceed with my project. I just assumed it was already there. This is really holding me back. :/

Unless I'm going blind, I can only see the "Custom" DSP, and that only enables a custom command to be added to the FFmpeg encoder.

I need to run a cli script (actually a small windows batch file that invokes a vbs script) to do some further minor external scripting, involving an auto text file edit, that doesn't involve FFmpeg.

Am I missing something?

If this is already available somewhere else with the Video Converter, please inform me, otherwise I have this high on my wishlist. Please
    Last edited by Dropbear; 06-15-2020 at 10:58 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: A "Run External" DSP with the Video Converter

Ah. That relieved my angst. I just played around with the Music Converter "CLI Encoder" add-in using LAME, and it converts my Music Videos with embedded Cover Art beautifully, and is a lot faster than when I was experimenting with the Video Converter using FFmpeg.

So I may not need to use the Video Converter after all. Wow! This sure is a learning experience. Fantastic software you have Spoon. There's so much that's possible if you know know where to look, and what codecs to add in. Cheers

Now by using the CLI Encoder, it opens up so many more possibilities, but oh... so much more to learn!

Perhaps it's time for me to check out the Developers Corner methinks. I hope I don't get too annoying in there.
    Last edited by Dropbear; 06-15-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Re: A "Run External" DSP with the Video Converter

But it still would be a logical epxpansion of abilities to do for the creators