title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: How do I: Delete files based on tags?

How do I: Delete files based on tags?

I have a large central FLAC library that I process for use in different locations. One of them is my car, where I don't need FLAC audio. I make a full copy of my library, do some tag processing to fit the car's in audio capabilities (things like track renumbering and renaming due to album by artist/disc number not supported by the car), then batch convert to a higher-end MP3, then embed artwork and delete folder.jpg files, etc. When it's done, the whole thing goes on a stick and is put into the car and I update it about once a month.

However, I'm realizing that I don't listen to certain genres in the car - I'd like to strip Classical, Experimental, and Holiday genres from my in-car library. I'm looking for an automated way to delete files based on a tag (genre in this case). I see lots of retagging options in batch converter, but none are obvious that can manipulate a file (move it or delete it) as part of that process based on tag-specific criteria. After file deletion, I'm sure I can find a way to strip empty directories and have a nicely trimmed library.

When I do google searches for key words related to this, I'm getting jammed up because delete based on FLAC or MP3 tag is giving me hits for tag deletion, not file deletion, so I'm having a tough time finding anything.

If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Administrator

Re: How do I: Delete files based on tags?

You need:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/tunefusion.htm

It was designed exactly for that job (exclude genre, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You need:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/tunefusion.htm

It was designed exactly for that job (exclude genre, etc).
    Does it? I'm reading through the help pages now.

Source filtering allows the removal of tracks from the sync, this can be by excluding a file type, or including / excluding an artist, or album. By default everything is included, to remove one specific artist uncheck it, to remove all artists and only include those selected (like in the image above) choose the option 'exclude all' and tick only the artists required.

It doesn't appear to have genre filtering options. Did I miss something or is software more feature complete than the documentation in it's latest version?

Administrator

http://dbpoweramp.com/Help/TuneFUSION/editsync.html

Look at the source filtering image, there is a Genre Tab