title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Installing Asset UPnP on Ubuntu 20.04

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ursus262
    • Jun 2020

Installing Asset UPnP on Ubuntu 20.04

I am finding installation of Asset UPnP on my laptop running Ubuntu 20.04 to be somewhat problematic. I have adopted the two approaches:
    1. Using the terminal

I followed the instructions given in the sticky here in this forum. The installation failed as it couldn't find the file to download using wget
    2. Using the .sh script

I downloaded the tar.gz file, extracted it, and run the .sh file. Following that, there is no indication that the software has been installed, and I am at a loss what to do next. I can't even find the web interface.

Is there a likelyhood of a .deb package becoming available at some point?

Many thanks

Dave
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Installing Asset UPnP on Ubuntu 20.04

The .sh does not install, it runs asset, from there you can access it through the web configuration page:

see the manual here:

This Asset build is for Debian, but it will also run on other Linux versions Installation details To install it is done through the SSH command-line, for headless devices, install 'Putty' then connect to the device to access command-shell. Create a folder for Asset: cd /usr/bin sudo mkdir asset sudo chmod 777 asset cd
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>