title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Creating an MP3 version of my Music library using Batch Converter

Creating an MP3 version of my Music library using Batch Converter

After purchasing dBpoweramp Reference and PerfectTunes software recently, I've re-ripped and re-organised our CD music collection, using CD Ripper. 169 artists and compilations, 3200 songs, great value software, thank you!

Now that it's done, I want to create a separate MP3 version of the collection, using Batch Converter, so I can copy it to my wife's and my smartphones.

NOTE:
    My default Music folder path is:
    C:\Users\Brent\OneDrive\Music\*.*

My new path for the MP3 version is:
    C:\Samsung S9 Music\*.*

If I setup a profile in Batch Converter to do the task (as and when we add new albums to the collection), what do I input into MC's profile dialogs — to suit the MP3 path above?

The [code] scripting is a little confusing for me. Using 'Edit Dynamic Naming with [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER]...etc' on a test group of 3 music folders, they end up in C:\Samsung S9 Music\Users\Brent\OneDrive\Music\*.* which is not quite the repeatable result I want. The trim command only gets rid of the first 2 folders; I need '\Users\Brent\OneDrive\' trimmed off. Then it would be sweet!

I look forward to your assistance.

Administrator

Re: Creating an MP3 version of my Music library using Batch Converter

Set the naming to:

[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][][][]\[origfilename]

Re: Creating an MP3 version of my Music library using Batch Converter

I thought I tried that earlier but no, I missed the obvious:
    I only used [][], not 3 of those bracket sets = [][][]

I have redone it (as you've directed) and couldn't be happier. It worked perfectly and I've added 'Folder.jpg Preserve' as a DSP Effect too. Entire Music library done as MP3s and copied across to my phone. Not only that but the album art for each displays as well.

Thank you very much! ;D
    PS Now I can do the same for my wife's smartphone &*8212; for bonus hubbie points!