title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: WMA Conversion

WMA Conversion

Running V16 of dBPoweramp. I found an old hard drive with .wma music files on it. I downloaded the WMA codec and installed it. When I select the folder containing the .wma files in the batch converter, I continually get an error message stating, "No audio files selected for conversion." These are older files, but shouldn't the WMA codec be backward compatible?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
    Last edited by Jimmy Jazz; 06-09-2020 at 02:03 AM.

Administrator

Re: WMA Conversion

Run dBpoweramp Control Center and click the 'List / Options' button, WMA should be shown as a decoder, it is?

No, WMA is not shown as a decoder.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled R 16.6 and uninstalled and reinstalled the WMA codec, then rebooted. WMA is still not shown as a decoder in Control Center.

I have also confirmed that Windows Media Audio.dll is in both the Program Files/dBPoweramp/dBPoweramp/decoder and Program Files/dBPoweramp/decoder folders.

Administrator

Sounds like you have perhaps 32 and 64 bit installed, run this to clear all the settings and dBpoweramp programs:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

Then install dBpoweramp (to default folder), then the WMA codec to the default folder.

Excellent. That worked. Thank you very much!

I originally had 32 and 64 bit versions installed, but I uninstalled both and reinstalled R16.6. The uninstall must have left remnants, but running that utility twice removed everything. A clean reinstall of dBpoweramp and the WMA codec worked.

Note that when I went to install the WMA codec, I received a message indicating that the WMA codec was already installed. Based on that, I did not install it. When I ran Control Center, the WMA decoder was not listed. I then installed the WMA codec (removing what was already installed), and that resolved the issue.