title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Bug in File Naming for Multi Encoder?

Bug in File Naming for Multi Encoder?

Dear support team, I just installed v 17.0. In Version 16.6, I used Multi Encoder with 4 different Encoders. Everything went fine.

Since version 17, the written files are named as "1 flac", "2 flac" and so on. Even the point is missing so that the filetype is incorrect.
    Path and naming is disabled in Multi Encoder mode. So i cannot change the settings.

This makes the software completely unusable for me.

Will there be a bugfix - or is there a workaround?

best regards, Roland

Administrator

Re: Bug in File Naming for Multi Encoder?

>Path and naming is disabled in Multi Encoder mode.

This is by design, as each encoder page has its own path and naming settings, you do not use the naming from the main page.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

My issue is related to RolandP's.

Until version 17.0 I used for each encoder included in the Multi Encoder Mode the following Naming Convention:
    [MAXLENGTH]75,[artist][] - [MAXLENGTH]175,[title][]

However since 17.0 when using this Naming Convention, my files are no longer named according to the Naming Convention, despite the fact that same convention remains set for all encoders.
    When checking the settings beforehand the software still indicates that it will name the file "Ted Taylor - Ghetto Disco [Mixed]". In the directory however the file turns out to be named "12 Ghetto Disco", i.e. "Tracknumber - Title".
    How can I resolve this?
    Last edited by Thijs_Alphen; 06-05-2020 at 10:15 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I found the following solution
    When directing dBpoweramp to the location where I want to save the files, I select (Output to) Edit Dynamic Naming. I then manually add the parameter [MAXLENGTH]75,[artist][] - [MAXLENGTH]175,[title][] to Dynamic Naming for each of the encoders I wish to rip to, see screen shot.

Schermafbeelding 2020-06-05 om 20.35.37.jpg

Is there a way to automate this?
    Last edited by Thijs_Alphen; 06-05-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Administrator

Automate what exactly?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Automate that in a specific profile, files are always automatically named for all encoders (also when I use Multi Encoders) used as per a given convention. Instead of having to manually add such parameter time and again.

I emphasise in a profile, because with popular music (Artist - Title) file naming convention is different than with classical music (ComposerSort - Title) I therefore use two different profiles.

Actually like it worked until v17. English is not my mother tongue, so I hope I explained this well enough.

Administrator

You can create a profile in Music Converter and have multi-encoder defined with 2 different naming strings for each profile. See:

http://dbpoweramp.com/Help/dMC/dMCConfig.htm

'Enable Profiles in Converter'

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I am aware of that, Spoon. I used this the past years however since v17 this does not work anymore, see post *3

Super Moderator

I'm changing this for R17.1 so you can easily change naming for all multiencoder instances. Thanks for bringing it up.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Great, looking forward to 17.1!

Super Moderator

New beta adds a special option in Multi Encoder ot use parent naming settings-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/forumdi...oming-Releases