title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch Processor seems to bypass certain filetypes, from SymLinks

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Batch Processor seems to bypass certain filetypes, from SymLinks

Hi.

I have been trying to batch process Windows 10 Symbolic Linked files.

The reason I need to do this, is that I need to process my music collection down to a smaller subset of files.
    These files will be volume normalized and converted to m4a aac files. I need to use SymLinks so that I can avoid copying over large volumes of music files.

I can successfully batch process all the file-types I require, such as m4a, mp3, ogg, flac, wav and mp4 music videos, by selecting the folder containing the original files.

However, if I try to batch process the same symlinked files, the batch processor seems to just bypass the m4a and mp4 files.

Note: I can successfully process these files with the standard dBpoweramp Music Converter (R17 Reference). It just baulks when I try using the Batch Processor. If you look at my attached image, you'll see that the files listed for conversion (at top of image) don't have any metadata associated with them. This info only appears there when I batch process the original files (not the SymLinks).

Any ideas? I'm hoping that it may just be a simple Windows Registry edit, or perhaps there is some way to force the Batch Processor to always try to process the m4a and mp4 files from SymLinks. The fact that the standard dBpoweramp Music Converter can process them with no trouble is a puzzle, but shows that it should work with the Batch Processor as well.

Tests.jpg

Administrator

Re: Batch Processor seems to bypass certain filetypes, from SymLinks

You would be better creating a folder symbolic link, not for the individual files. You can use mklink with the folder option.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Batch Processor seems to bypass certain filetypes, from SymLinks

Thanks Spoon. You can erase this thread if you want, (it needed mod approval) because I know it's a duplicate of my other one, and I was stupidly calling the Batch Encoder the "Batch Processor". D'oh!

Unfortunately I still don't have the answer I'm looking for, as I explained in my other duplicate thread on this issue. I really want to use File SymLinks for my situation, as they work so well for all my filetypes, except m4a and mp4. m4a I can live without, but I need the temporary batch re-encoding for all of my mp4 music video files that get converted into audio-only files on a regular basis.
    Last edited by Dropbear; 06-03-2020 at 06:52 AM.