title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Globally Editing Number of Discs in Set

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Globally Editing Number of Discs in Set

Hi. Using CDRipper on a six-disc set, for the first four CDs I accidentally characterized them as CD X out of 5. Starting with CD * 5, I began correctly characterizing as 5 out of 6. Is there a way using the edit-metadata feature in Windows to make discs 1 through 4 reflect that they each are out of 6 discs? I don't see a field for changing the denominator using the metadata-editing feature from Windows. If not, is there another way to edit the metadata? Thanks.
    Last edited by DigitalLA; 05-28-2020 at 08:06 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Globally Editing Number of Discs in Set

In windows file explorer you are able to select files. If you right mouse click the selected files and choose the Edit ID-Tag option from the context menu, this will open a window, where you can edit the disc tag.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thank you. When I choose Edit ID-Tag, I see just a blank for the disc tag. How is it possible to enter both the numerator and the denominator (e.g., disc 1 of 6)? Also, it is possible to globally change just the denominator (so that I don't have to find each group of files by disc number)? If I can't do that with Edit ID-Tag, is there another way? Thanks for your help.

dBpoweramp Guru

For disc 5 of a 6 disc set, enter 5/6 in the disc tag.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thank you.