title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multiple Errors on Most or All Tracks of Several Discs

Multiple Errors on Most or All Tracks of Several Discs

Hello Everyone,

I have a MacBook Pro and Dbpoweramp 17 (1). I used an Apple Superdrive and have recently started using a Rioddas for ripping.

I was ripping several hundred CD's, with occasional but a relatively small number of errors.

Yesterday my Superdrive that I had been using since about the beginning started showing errors on most or all tracks of many CD's. I thought it must have worn out, and switched to the Rioddas. That worked for a few CD's and then also started showing errors on most or all tracks of all CD's. The problem may be becoming worse.

In a web search about this problem someone referred to a Microdrive and something called SCHI. I have no idea what these things are or how to access them.

What is happening and how can it be fixed? Any help would be appreciated.

Best wishes,
    David

Re: Multiple Errors on Most or All Tracks of Several Discs

Hi again,

I took out a dongle on one of my cables, which I had been using for months, and it seems to work now even with the Superdrive. I do no know why it stopped working all of a sudden.

Thanks for you attention.

David

Administrator

What dongle were you using?

Hi Spoon,

It was an old USB to old thunderbolt connection for my MacBook Pro. It was previously working fine, and then seems to have just stopped working. Now I plug directly into a USB port on the computer. Computer stuff is filled with mysteries, I think.

Thanks,
    David