title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Mulitple CD manalishi

Cool Mulitple CD manalishi

A few of the albums in my collection have multiple CDs. Dbpoweramp handles them differently than itunes. Itunes puts " [Disc x]" at the end of the album name. Dbpower puts ", Disc x" at the end of the album name. Should dbpoweramp work closer to the way that itunes does? I use Music Tag for remedial art.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Mulitple CD manalishi

dBpoweramp is totally flexible, whereas iTunes is not.

If you want [Disc x] at the end of your multiple CD albums, edit your Naming string accordingly.

This is the default dynamic naming string

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title]

How should I edit it? In particular I'd like the "[Disc x]" only to appear in the album title when there are multiple discs, and to put each disc in subfolder under the album

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[disc]\[track] [artist] - [title]

?

Wink Re: Mulitple CD manalishi

K, the dynamic naming string I am trying is [album artist]\[album]\[IFMULTI]Disc [disc]\[disc] - [track] [title]
    which produces a sample string of Album Artist\Album Title\[IFMULTI]Disc 1\1 - 05 Title

The file name works the way I want, like iTunes default. The problem is that when I rip a single CD, a folder named "ifmulti" appears at a level below the album title. This is not what I want! But I do not know how to adjust the syntax to get the desired result.

K, now that I notice the checkbox for testing the example for a multi-disc I see the closest that I am ever going to get it is [album artist]\[album]\[disc] - [track] [title].

In fact, if I do it this way
    [album artist]\[album]\[disc] - [track] [artist] [title]

I can combine the iTunes default with the dbPoweramp default.
    Last edited by dnewhous; 05-24-2020 at 07:54 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

The syntax in your Naming string is incorrect.

For [Disc x], [IFMULTI]Disc [disc] should be [IFMULTI][Disc [disc]][].

Thanks, but the way that [album] is resolved when there is a multi-disc means my idea isn't going to work.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey dnewhous,

if use the term:

[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title]

In case of an album with only one disc, the resulting filename is like "xx tracktitel.ext". In case of a multi disc album you see filenames like "n-xx tracktitel.ext" where n is the discnumber and xx the tracknumber. For both cses all tracks are stored in one directory.

Dat Ei

K, I just purchased "Infinite Limited Edition" from iTunes. When you download it, it downloads as a "compilation" and all the files for disc 1 and disc 2 are in the same folder. However, it appears that most of the time the "compilation" title field on a CD is empty, therefore it doesn't really do any good to use [compilation] instead of [album].

Thus, my idea of having separate folders for disc1 and disc2 is a bad idea. Having the disc number in front of the song title for the filenames is a good idea.

Also, I just realized the difference between a compilation and multi-disc. It is a compilation if the 2nd disc is considered a "bonus" disc and not a 2 LP set to begin with. Otherwise, it is multi-disc.

Also, if in iTunes style, you use [album artist], it will resolve to nothing in the case of a compilation. [Artist] doesn't care about the presence of a compilation or multi-disc album.

Here is my string
    [artist]\[album]\[disc] - [track] [artist] [title]
    Last edited by dnewhous; 05-30-2020 at 10:08 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

I use this string to automatically deal with single CDs, multi disc albums, and compilation albums (either single or multidisk). I create separate folders for disks, but easy enough to change to add an "n-x" where n is the disk number and keep the multiple disk files in a single folder. I call my various artist CDs, "Compilations" as you can see from naming string. this can be Various Artists or whatever you prefer. This string also deals with albums with and without and ALBUM ARTIST.

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][][]

dBpoweramp Guru

This string won't create sub disk folders under album name. Instead it will put the disk number in front of track number (i.e., n.x - title, where n is disk number and x is track number), but only for mulit-disk albums.

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc][].[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc][].[track] - [title][][]
    Last edited by garym; 05-30-2020 at 07:46 PM.