title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper deletes tracks after ripping even though i did not set it that way

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robojock
    • Mar 2010

CD Ripper deletes tracks after ripping even though i did not set it that way

Hi,

When CD Ripper is set to "Rip'._' files, rename album at the end" (which is the default setting in 16.6) it will delete any tracks that have errors after ripping the cd. Enabling DSP/Action "Move destination File on Error" also doesn't help as the file gets forcely deleted by CD Ripper. DSP/Action "Delete Destination File on Error" is NOT enabled neither is "Delete Source File" This ONLY happens when CD Ripper is set to "Rip'._' files, rename album at the end" The only time CD Ripper won't delete the files is if I set it to "Rip direct final filenames" Enabling DSP/Action "Move destination File on Error" also doesn't work either, regardless which setting I use. As I have reference 16.6 to test I also tried the latest trail version of CD Ripper which is 17 and it has the same issues.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper deletes tracks after ripping even though i did not set it that way

On the secure page do you have the option checked 'Mark Track As Error if Insecure'?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• robojock
      • Mar 2010

Re: CD Ripper deletes tracks after ripping even though i did not set it that way

Hi Spoon,

I forgot to mention that, yes it is enabled.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

That is why the files are not written, if marked as error they are not saved.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• robojock
          • Mar 2010

How come they are saved when "Rip direct final filenames" is selected? Also why I had it selected is so that DSP/Action "Move destination File on Error" if Insecure is to move the "error" files to the error folder. As per help document "By Marking a track as Error if Insecure it is possible to use a DSP effect 'Delete Destination File on Error' to remove any insecure ripped files." which in this case does not happen.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It is just those 2 options conflict, if you want to move them to the folder then you have to have 'rip direct to final filenames' enabled.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• robojock
              • Mar 2010

CD Rippper does not move the error files as intended, regardless of which combination of settings I use.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	294277

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	294278

Name:	Clipboard03.jpg
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	294279

Name:	Clipboard04.jpg
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	294280

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Will take a look.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>