title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Not receiving dbpoweramp emails

Not receiving dbpoweramp emails

I've been trying to sort a couple of problems out 'offline' with the help of Spoon, a bit of progress - I can now log in here. Next hurdle is to work out why I'm not getting emails when i ask to reset my password - I've been in touch with my email provider with the info Spoon gave me, they have replied with

"So, it seems the e-mail server sending e-mail to our e-mail server is blacklisted for e-mail SPAM by Barracuda Networks.
    550 RBL: http://www.barracudanetworks.com/reputation/?pr=1&ip=89.238.182.185"
    They'd need to contact their mail hosting provider and ask them to check into it, as there is not much we can do from our end.
    Thank you."

Any advice please.

kind regards
    Paul

Administrator

Re: Not receiving dbpoweramp emails

We are the hosting provider, they black list the entire ip range of dBpoweramp servers, even IP addresses which have never sent emails. Barracudanetworks have always done this (for the last 10 years) they are not providing a good service. We email them to remove and they never do...

Thank you Spoon.
    Is 'they' in "they black list the entire ip range of dBpoweramp servers" Barracuda? If so, surely that means all email from dbpoweramp is blocked?
    A layman (i.e. someone like me), may well ask why use someone who provides a substandard service? (Assuming you have a choice of course).
    I last received an email from dbpoweramp.com in December 2018, it would seem then that something somewhere has changed in the intervening period.
    I don't profess to understand this stuff, just trying to get to the bottom of what's going on and get it sorted.
    Hopefully you can advise on what I can do to progress this.
    Kind regards
    Paul

Just done a search and found https://www.barracudacentral.org/loo...kup-reputation - enter the IP above and the reputation is "poor". There is an option to request removal from the blacklist and also a claim that "Removal requests are typically investigated and processed within 12 hours of submission if provided with a valid explanation.".
    Maybe worth a go.

Administrator

We have done it 10 times over the years and yet we always appear on the list. Have you ever had a spam email from dBpoweramp? no? no one has...

Thank you,
    1) I've got no spam from dbpoweramp, I'm guessing because you don't send it. However I can't use some of the facilities because I dont get ANY emails from dbpoweramp.
    2) Is 'they' in "they black list the entire ip range of dBpoweramp servers" Barracuda? If so, surely that means all email from dbpoweramp is blocked?
    3) A layman (i.e. someone like me), may well ask why use someone who provides a substandard service? (Assuming you have a choice of course).
    4) I last received an email from dbpoweramp.com in December 2018, it would seem then that something somewhere has changed in the intervening period. Can you advise on what has changed please.
    I don't profess to understand this stuff, just trying to get to the bottom of what's going on and get it sorted.
    Hopefully you can advise on what I can do to progress this, and I'm not confident moving to the latest versions until this is resolved, and the points/questions above are answered.
    Kind regards
    Paul
    Last edited by paulr; 05-27-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Can anyone let me know how this issue can be resolved please.
    Many thanks
    Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Get a new email address from a different free mail service provider.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes, I agree with Dat Ei. You can either change your email account provider OR contact Barracuda and insist that they stop blocking emails from dbpoweramp.com.