title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Crash when trying to scan

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Platinumtone
    • May 2020

Crash when trying to scan

I have been using the software for a few weeks and have been delighted with its performance. Most especially the option to scan a cover when ripping a CD. However, recently the program would crash when I selected this option but after re-launching it worked again. Now it crashes every time I try to use the scan option. The ripping works fine and the process for finding artwork online is OK. I am running a iMac with Mojave.
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Re: Crash when trying to scan

Problem noted, thanks for reporting.

Comment

• Platinumtone
      • May 2020

I have tested on another computer running High Sierra and it is displaying the same problem

Comment

• PeterP
        Super Moderator
        • Jul 2011

Please post crash log or diagnostic information that appears with the error message, if any.

Comment

• Platinumtone
          • May 2020

Originally posted by PeterP
          Please post crash log or diagnostic information that appears with the error message, if any.
          There is no message - it just crashes and I have to relaunch the application to carry on.

Comment

• PeterP
            Super Moderator
            • Jul 2011

Should be fixed in latest beta-
            Current version: beta 15 https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/DMC-R171b15.dmg Changes since R17: Fixed launcher window not working correctly on Mac OS Yosemite. CD Ripper: Fixed de-emphasis not being correctly activated on CDs with pre-emphasis. CD Ripper: Added de-emphasis toggle. CD Ripper: More readable output codec list (re

Comment

• Platinumtone
              • May 2020

Originally posted by PeterP
              Brilliant! Thanks

Comment

• jcur0806
                • Feb 2021

I'm running 17.3 on windows 10. When I click "Acquire from Scanner", my scanner boots up, it scans, and then poweramp crashes. Is this a known problem that will be fixed in an upcoming release? Any other ideas how to get around it?

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

We have looked at this in the past, it is the scanner driver which is crashing, not dBpoweramp. The call to do the scanning is one line, it is inside that call the crash takes place.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>