title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Bug in cd ripping !

Unhappy Bug in cd ripping !

Hi I have posted a screenshot below of a CD ripping session earlier today that has gone wrong. This is a double CD. While CD1 ripped OK without any hitch, CD2 threw up this result. No metadata was captured but most weirdly it displays abnormal file sizes for tracks 10 and 11 and hence a total estimated size of 3.96gb!? for an audio CD which is obviously wrong.This has never happened before. Is there any way that I can purge or clear the dbp memory cache to get rid of this error and restart or should i just skip this CD?

Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by hifi2019; 05-20-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Re: Bug in cd ripping !

@Spoon please advise what needs to be done as I am still unable to rip this CD

Administrator

The CD could have a damage to the table of contents which list the tracks. Try cleaning the CD, if no go then try replacing it.

dBpoweramp Guru

Which CD is it and when has it been produced / released? Is it copy protected?

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Which CD is it and when has it been produced / released? Is it copy protected?

Dat Ei
    This is a compilation 2CD set. CD1 ripped fine. The problem is with CD2. No copy protection.
    s-l300.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The CD could have a damage to the table of contents which list the tracks. Try cleaning the CD, if no go then try replacing it.
    I wiped it clean and retried ripping but the result was unfortunately the same as before. I then tried to play this CD using wmp and it would not play a whole bunch of tracks so I guess you are right about possible damage to the toc.