title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch or Music Converter Omits Album title when converting FLAC to mp3

Batch or Music Converter Omits Album title when converting FLAC to mp3

It is my first time converting FLAC files to mp3's, and I am a Non-technical person. In my source library all my entries are arranged by (click on...) Artist (Then see...) X number of album title; (Then click on an album title...) and see all tracks.

When I follow what is I believe the right procedure in Batch conversion (to convert FLAC to mp3) I make sure I see both icons in BOTH the artist and album title boxes, Click on Convert, and on the next screen, complete the destination field (thumb drive, and use the dynamic specifier field. But it seems no matter what I do, my results are the I see the Artist's name, and (when clicking on it) all the song title files (in mp3) -- BUT no album titles or album choices in between. In other words, I only want to maintain my simple 1-2-3 filing order.

My sense is that I am missing something simple, but cannot figure it out.

I would certainly appreciate any help or suggestions.
    THANKS MUCH.

Administrator

Re: Batch or Music Converter Omits Album title when converting FLAC to mp3

Set the naming to (output to >> edit dynamic naming):

[origpath]\[origfilename]

To preserve the naming path.

THANKS Much, again, for the quick response! Two Follow-on questions, PLEASE:

1. If you are converting a large number of music files to MP3 -- many Artists having multiple albums -- If you want to convert ALL the files, do you simply click on the + sign to the left of the artist name (which automatically generates both icons for subfolders)? Will only doing that copy all folders and subfolders? And also -- THEN, if you would like to exclude a few of the Artists (and their subfolders) what do you do?

2. Of course, the changes you suggested ABOVE worked. But when I tried to convert music files stored on another folder on my C Drive, I also got a number of other (apparently) other pieces of that original path, so that I had to click through 3 or 4 steps to actually get to the artist and album files. My destination file for the new MP3's is a thumb drive plugged into a usb port on my desktop computer. I worked-around that problem (for the time-being) by copying all of the FLAC files to the same thumb drive -- then converting them to MP3 with the same destination. Is there a better way to simply get the Artist-Album-Tracks files converted without having to use the rest of the "path?"

THANKS AGAIN.

Administrator

1. In Batch Converter click the empty square box to add the folder & sub folders, if you want to exclude folders further down then click the folder you want to exclude on the same box (until the box is empty).

Count the number of folders you want to remove then, if it was one folder:

[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][]\[origfilename]

if 2 folders:

[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][][]\[origfilename]

etc

Spoon, Thank you again.

*1 Your instructions worked perfectly. But it looks like I may be misinterpreting your guidance in *2.

*2 I had a total of three of the first elements in my path I wanted to eliminate: Easystore(D &*8230; "Test File" &*8230; Music &*8230; Artist ... Album ... Track. Adding the first two "[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER]" to the Converter "directions" worked -- and eliminated Easystore (D and "Test File." But when I added the thirs [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER] (aimed at eliminating "Music")what shows initially in the navigation is "[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER]Music."

What am I missing?
    Last edited by wdesbrow; 05-21-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Administrator

Use:

[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][][][]\[origfilename]

Spoon --

You ARE the man. In my last try I failed to increase the sets of closed [] near the end -- from two to three. Works perfectly.

I give you a lot of credit for taking the time to understand my first description of the problem.

THANKS MUCH.

Be Safe.
    WD