title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Music app refuses to acknowledge PT's fixes

Music app refuses to acknowledge PT's fixes

Hi,

I bought Perfect Tunes on the weekend and tried to fix my music.app library (Catalina latest macOS).

Perfect Tunes works like a charm, finds most of the missing artwork and adds the artwork to the folders (from what I have seen, by adding a Folder.jpg image to the respective folder).

Unforturnately neither the macOS music app nor the music app on my iphone (13.5) seem to honor the changes I make with PerfectTunes. All I seem to be able to do is to manually add a cover art via the information tab in the macOS music app. Am I mussing something? Or is this part of the transition from itunes to music?

Many thanks for your help.

Georg

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Music app refuses to acknowledge PT's fixes

if the music app works like the older itunes app, then the artwork and metadata is stored in a special apple database. Updating the info by itself doesn't update the apple info database. Reloading the files into the database should update the database. Try this: remove an album itunes/music app (don't delete the files, just remove from itunes/music). Then re-add the the album. I suspect itunes/music app will now show the updated info. I recall there is a way to tell itunes to update all the files with a few mouse clicks, but can't recall the exact steps. Certainly, you can remove all the files from your itunes music library (don't delete, just remove), then add back all the files. Then itunes will reread all the artwork and metadata.

Is this the only way to get the album art into your Music database? It is very cumbersome to delete and then reimport.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bigseven View Post
    Is this the only way to get the album art into your Music database? It is very cumbersome to delete and then reimport.
    I just suggested that as a test to confirm that in fact, this is the problem....not for correcting your entire library.

In itunes/music, I'd change the music directory to something else that doesn't have my music, then itunes/music should show nothing in your library. Then I'd point itunes/music back at your actual music library and it should reload all these files, including your new album art. There are a few other ways to force iTunes to reload music files and the metadata/artwork, but it's been so long since I used iTunes I simply can't remember. I only know I used to have to do this (and it was not album-by-album.....I just forced it to reload my library).

https://www.google.com/search?client...usic+file+tags
    Last edited by garym; 08-29-2020 at 04:21 PM.