title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: [Audio Info] codec does not export all tag data?

[Audio Info] codec does not export all tag data?

I have 300 audio files, wav & flac, and I want to export the tag data from each file into a excel spreadsheet.
    I have been reading the dbpoweramp help and it mentions a codec, "[Audio Info] utility codec, this can extract audio properties for multiple files and place them into an Excel spreadsheet" but I cannot get it to work the way I want it to.

If I hover the mouse cursor over a file dbpoweramp displays all of the tag data but when I use the "Audio Info" to export to a text file it does not export all of the data, it leaves some of it out.

This is what dbpoweramp displays when I hover over the file
    Tag Data.jpg

This is what the [Audio Info] codec exports
    Tag-Data2.jpg

Am I doing something wrong?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: [Audio Info] codec does not export all tag data?

Yes, you are doing something wrong.

First, you need to go here: dBpoweramp Codec Central: Utility Codecs and download/install the Audio Info codec utility.

Next, use the Convert To option (see here: dBpoweramp Music Converter) or use Batch Converter (see here: dBpoweramp Batch Converter) to open the dBpoweramp Music Converter window.

In the dBpoweramp Music Converter window, select [Audio Info] from the Encoding drop-down menu, set the required options and click the Convert button.

Administrator

On the audio info settings page you have to check the box 'extensive audio info'

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post

First, you need to go here: dBpoweramp Codec Central: Utility Codecs and download/install the Audio Info codec utility.

Next, use the Convert To option (see here: dBpoweramp Music Converter) or use Batch Converter (see here: dBpoweramp Batch Converter) to open the dBpoweramp Music Converter window.

In the dBpoweramp Music Converter window, select [Audio Info] from the Encoding drop-down menu, set the required options and click the Convert button.
    Thank you for your reply.

I was doing all that you suggest but I was not doing what Spoon suggested :P

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I was doing everything you suggest but I did not have the setting for extensive audio info enabled as spoon suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    On the audio info settings page you have to check the box 'extensive audio info'
    Hi Spoon

That worked great, thanks.

I do have another question which I will post as a new question so that it helps other users who may have the same question