title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

[Audio Info] codec does not export all tag data?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • belinea2010
    • May 2020

[Audio Info] codec does not export all tag data?

I have 300 audio files, wav & flac, and I want to export the tag data from each file into a excel spreadsheet.
    I have been reading the dbpoweramp help and it mentions a codec, "[Audio Info] utility codec, this can extract audio properties for multiple files and place them into an Excel spreadsheet" but I cannot get it to work the way I want it to.

If I hover the mouse cursor over a file dbpoweramp displays all of the tag data but when I use the "Audio Info" to export to a text file it does not export all of the data, it leaves some of it out.

This is what dbpoweramp displays when I hover over the file
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Tag Data.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	297486

This is what the [Audio Info] codec exports
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Tag-Data2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	297487

Am I doing something wrong?
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: [Audio Info] codec does not export all tag data?

Yes, you are doing something wrong.

First, you need to go here: dBpoweramp Codec Central: Utility Codecs and download/install the Audio Info codec utility.

Next, use the Convert To option (see here: dBpoweramp Music Converter) or use Batch Converter (see here: dBpoweramp Batch Converter) to open the dBpoweramp Music Converter window.

In the dBpoweramp Music Converter window, select [Audio Info] from the Encoding drop-down menu, set the required options and click the Convert button.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

On the audio info settings page you have to check the box 'extensive audio info'
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• belinea2010
        • May 2020

Originally posted by mville

First, you need to go here: dBpoweramp Codec Central: Utility Codecs and download/install the Audio Info codec utility.

Next, use the Convert To option (see here: dBpoweramp Music Converter) or use Batch Converter (see here: dBpoweramp Batch Converter) to open the dBpoweramp Music Converter window.

In the dBpoweramp Music Converter window, select [Audio Info] from the Encoding drop-down menu, set the required options and click the Convert button.
        Thank you for your reply.

I was doing all that you suggest but I was not doing what Spoon suggested :P

Comment

• belinea2010
          • May 2020

Originally posted by mville

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I was doing everything you suggest but I did not have the setting for extensive audio info enabled as spoon suggests.

Comment

• belinea2010
            • May 2020

Originally posted by Spoon
            On the audio info settings page you have to check the box 'extensive audio info'
            Hi Spoon

That worked great, thanks.

I do have another question which I will post as a new question so that it helps other users who may have the same question

Comment

Working...

]]>