title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: [REPLACE] for remove space no longer works

Question [REPLACE] for remove space no longer works

HI,

I have use the following command for years to strip space in names and now the result is it replace space with , ?

Consider: Joe Smith & The Band - Their First Song.FLAC (From Album Number One) when processed with the following simple command to rename while stripping spaces.

[GRAB]1,1,[artist][]\[REPLACE] ,,[artist][]\[REPLACE] ,,[album][]\[REPLACE] ,,[artist][]-[REPLACE] ,,[title][]

Use to give:
    Destination\J\JoeSmith&TheBand\AlbumNumberOne\JoeS mith&TheBand-TheirFirstsong.flac

Now same command return this:
    Destination\J\Joe,Smith,&,The,Band\Album,Number,On e\Joe,Smith,&,The,Band-Their,First,Song.flac

Same command nothing else change. If I add anything between the ,, I get that character whereas before it was stripping any space to nothing.

Any idea?

Zak

EDIT: Windows 10, dbpoweramp release 17 (use to work in last 16).
    Last edited by ZakSeven; 05-17-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Administrator

Re: [REPLACE] for remove space no longer works

You would have to go into the filename replacement (which is in control centre >> advanced options) and set space to nothing there.

We did change the code to allow an input of comma (which is now inputted as ,,)

Well that do not seem to works, if I set space in there at the end of the list with nothing on the other side, it just just get cleared. If I place it anywhere pn the list and add another entry below when I return to that window, that simply moved up and the space replacement to nothing is removed. If I do space to say -, that works. Which seem to indicate that replacing to nothing is not possible that way.

But that also means, that even if that way worked that all spaces would be removed and not just selectively as sometime needed by when using replace. It also means that any attempt to remove a character would also no longer work and result in , being use. I.e, in some instance I want . to be removed well now . becomes , too.

Any other work around to remove character in title, album, or artist? Short of downgrading to R16?

I know we cannot please everyone, but unless we have a remove character function that was the only way I know.

Thanks for the effort.

Zak

Administrator

We will fix for R17.1

Thumbs up Re: [REPLACE] for remove space no longer works

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    We will fix for R17.1
    Glad to hear. This is very much a saver for me.

As I said before, thank you for continually improving your products.

Zak