title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Curious Album problem ( Synology Asset )

Curious Album problem ( Synology Asset )

I have a problem with one of my albums - it's a complete download of an opera ie not ripped separate discs. All the tracks have a number and the Album name is identical.
    Yet Asset splits it up into two separate albums with one giving some tracks and the other the rest. Asset is normally quite "intelligent" in arranging large classical works.
    Changing the free version and installing the paid version made no difference.

Re: Curious Album problem ( Synology Asset )

Have you inspected the tags and verified that the album artist is empty everywhere, or that the album artist is the same? Also, look at the disc number tag.

Quote Originally Posted by jmtennapel View Post
    Have you inspected the tags and verified that the album artist is empty everywhere, or that the album artist is the same? Also, look at the disc number tag.
    Oh thanks ! I changed all the artists to the same name.
    By the way on my player at least ( mconnect HD ) Asset doesn't show track numbers, can be slightly annoying on very large works to find something - can that be modified ?

Administrator

There is an option in the config:

[track *] - [title] for album track: is useful for control points which do not display a track number when showing an album, this option embeds the track number into a title. [artist] - [title] for Various Artist album tracks: for compilation albums and control points which do not show the individual artists, this option adds the artist name into the title

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    There is an option in the config:

[track *] - [title] for album track: is useful for control points which do not display a track number when showing an album, this option embeds the track number into a title. [artist] - [title] for Various Artist album tracks: for compilation albums and control points which do not show the individual artists, this option adds the artist name into the title
    Thanks !!