title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DSD Codec Wont Install

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeromejohn
    • Feb 2010

DSD Codec Wont Install

When I try and install the DSD decoder codec near the end of the process it says "Error whilst running 'C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\dBConfig.exe'"

It then says codec successfully installed, which appears in Program Files > dBpoweramp > decoder

I am running version 13.5

Can you help me?

Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: DSD Codec Wont Install

You need to install it to the same location as dBpoweramp, so before installing look in:

C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\

and you should have a program called: dBConfig.exe if you have dBpoweramp installed.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jeromejohn
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
      You need to install it to the same location as dBpoweramp, so before installing look in:

C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\

and you should have a program called: dBConfig.exe if you have dBpoweramp installed.
      That file is located at Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp, and the installer wont let me navigate to that folder
      Last edited by jeromejohn; 05-14-2020, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Run this:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

To clear out dBpoweramp, then reinstall. It looks like you have the 32 bit version of dBpoweramp installed.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>