title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Questions re. TuneIn-Radio

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Questions re. TuneIn-Radio

Hi,

going through my favorite channels stored under TuneIn, I found that the actual number of favorites - as displayed by web browser and the TuneIn-app under iOS - is 7 (seven). If I use a control point app (in this case the Naim app on iPad), under "Internet Radio / Favorites" there are shown 8 (eight) entries. You may gather from the enclosed hardcopies that Asset displays "101.9 / Studio 19 (Greek Music)" twice - one time as 32 kbps AAC and 64 kbps MP3 as well. Actually I don't know how to get rid of the incorrect 2nd entry - obviously the channel name itself may be ambiguous. However, I asked the TuneIn-people for clarification. But the question to you is: Do you receive 7 or 8 entries from them ? (for debugging purposes, I could grant you my "TuneIn User Name").

Favorites in the TuneIn-app are not limited to defined "TuneIn Member Channels", there is also the possibility to add "User-defined URL"(s) - see the button above the bottom line in the iPad hardcopy. So I added "http://37.130.228.60:8090/listen.pls" as "naim audio" (displayed to the right of the headphone symbol in the bottom line), which is Naim's internet radio channel, also available via Naim's web page, but for whatever reason not defined as a genuine TuneIn member channel. Once selected in the iOS app, this entry plays the actual program as the genuine TuneIn channels do. However, if such entry is selected under Asset, nothing happens. Extending the playability of such entries in TuneIn favorites would greatly enhance the possibilities under Asset. Question therefore: Is this easily possible or is such URL or the relative audio stream in such case not transmitted via the actual TuneIn-interface ?
    tunein-favorites@Mac.jpg tunein-favorites@iPad.jpg tunein-favorites@Asset.jpg

Thank you in advance for your explanations.
    Last edited by Niko; 05-06-2020 at 08:34 PM. Reason: hardcopies added

Administrator

Re: Questions re. TuneIn-Radio

Try removing all the channels from the favorites, what is then shown?

Asset displays just what TuneIN sends.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try removing all the channels from the favorites, what is then shown?

Asset displays just what TuneIN sends.
    Hi,

I deleted only the Studio 19-channel from favorites, and it disappeared in web browser as well as within the naim app. I then added this channel again to my favorites, and in the browser again 1 entry, and in the app 2 entries re-appeared as before. Thus I think you can try this as well on your own, just find this channel using the search function within TuneIn, then search for "Studio 19", add it to your favorites, and you will probably experience the same as I did.

The following describes the behavior of the Naim iOS app: I once more deleted this channel from favorites, this time during playback, but the music did not stop. After pressing the Pause button, leaving the favorites menu and returning to it in the app, both channels have disappeared, but this channel's symbol is still present in bottom line (and the playback buffer !). If you press the Play button, playback commences again from where it was paused. This can be repeated several times. With playback paused this channel was again added to favorites, and playback started after some seconds, although the favorites are not yet updated (means that this channel does not show up there at this time). After leaving and re-opening favorites, this channel appears twice as before, and if now Pause and Play is pressed, playback starts from actual time as actually "broadcasted" (and not from where it was paused before).

Nearly the same behavior may be reproduced using foobar2000 on an iPad. The only difference is that once the channel is deleted and playback is paused, no more connection to the stream will be possible. But at the moment this channel is added again, playback will commence on its own from where it was paused. While this channel does not actually show up in favorites, playback will be from a ghost channel until you leave favorites and re-enter them.

This behavior seems with both apps somewhat strange and surprising, but is not a real problem.

What about playback of channels, for which personalized URLs were added to favorites (e.g. from within the TuneIn iOS app) ?

Administrator

Personalized URLS are not accessible to us.