title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dbPoweramp ID tag editor sometimes does not free resource when editing Album Art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Obren
    • May 2020

dbPoweramp ID tag editor sometimes does not free resource when editing Album Art

I frequently use dbPower amp right click menu "IT-Tag" editing to group-change Album Art of selected M4A files. However, sometimes (not always) the folder remains locked, so after importing the files to iTunes, I am unable to delete the folder with songs (Windows Explorer reports that the folder is in use by another application, although dbPoweramp is closed).

All the files can be deleted, except the residing folder itself.

The only workaround is to restart the computer to free the resources which remained locked by the application.

If I find exact circumstances when this happens, I will post an update.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dbPoweramp ID tag editor sometimes does not free resource when editing Album Art

This is strange because dBpoweramp only opens Files, it does not open a folder. If you have the folder open in another program (browsing) that could stop it being deleted as other programs will install monitors for changes in folders.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Obren
      • May 2020

Re: dbPoweramp ID tag editor sometimes does not free resource when editing Album Art

Thanks for your prompt reply!

You are right, I am using a photo viewer/resizer inside the same folder, so it may be likely responsible for not releasing the handle, but I will try to figure out exact circumstances which cause this issue.

Comment

Working...

]]>