title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unable to Connect to AssetNas

Unable to Connect to AssetNas

Hi
    New to the forum, so bear with me!!
    I have reinstalled Linn music system after house move and system is working correctly (shows original ripped files etc.from NAS drive - all operating normally), however, and after updating dBpoweramp and Asset UPnP software to current versions (Reference 17 and R6.6) I am unable to connect via 'Network' icon to Assetnas
    I click Network in Finder which loads Assetnas icon which then shows 'connection failed' the 'connect as' button does not load any additional options.
    DbPower appears to rip CD's but items do not show in updated library / Asset UPnP (trial version) in task bar shows total for tracks and albums
    Running iMac on Catalina, maybe a side issue but my mac is titled KeithForstersiMac whereas the Asset configuration shows as KeithFotersiMac don't know if this was part of original setup.

Administrator

Re: Unable to Connect to AssetNas

Where did you install Asset? on the MAC or on the NAS?

You would have to log into the NAS and check it is functioning correctly after the move.

Hi
    The original set up was carried out by the guy's from the Linn suppliers, I always assumed the asset was on the MAC, not sure how to log into the NAS, it just seems strange that I can view my original library via Kazoo or Sonos but the MAC doesn't recognise the path
    Many thanks

Hi
    Is there anyway of checking the location for Asset?
    If this could be confirmed, would this give a direction or a method which would hopefully solve the problem?
    Yours in hope

Hi
    Just been checking settings on the new Linn app, it gives me the option to add a music source, the original Asset UPnp: Assetnas is showing as an option as well as a new link - Asset UPnP: KeithfotersiMac
    The original allows me to access my previously ripped music the latter shows as &*8220;Unable to find media server on the network&*8221;
    Could there be a conflict?
    Thanks again for your help

Administrator

Asset should run on your NAS, you need to uninstall it from the MAC. Then you need to find the network share for the NAS, this is where you will write to and set CD ripper to write there. It could have the name:

smb://assetnas

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

...... but what NAS do you have?

Hi
    From the original set-up receipt (22/1/2011) it is shown as an ASSETNASBAS - Basic non ripping NAS 1.0 TB, the only manufactures info on the unit is an ASSET NAS logo on the front.
    Thank you both for your time.
    Any advise helps
    Keith

Hi
    I have removed the R6.6 UPnP App and this appears now to allow me to get one stage further and once clicking on the Assetnas network option I have to use the 'Connect as' option, this give me the Registered User field and Password request for the server, however when I enter the required info (as per original set-up)it does not connect at all.
    Cheers

Administrator

You would have to contact the original company for support issues, this is not asset rather a Windows home server you are trying to connect to.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    Hi
    From the original set-up receipt (22/1/2011) it is shown as an ASSETNASBAS - Basic non ripping NAS 1.0 TB, the only manufactures info on the unit is an ASSET NAS logo on the front.
    Thank you both for your time.
    Any advise helps
    Keith
    ..... hmmm never heard of Asset NAS until just now. I suspect thats the problem, its not a real NAS as we know it, I was expecting you to say something like Synology, QNAP or Netgear, these have operating systems that Asset UPnP can work with.
    Mr Spoon is the guy to advise if this is possible
    Last edited by Mike-B; 05-03-2020 at 12:44 PM.

Hi
    Just seems odd that previous to the house move the system had been working for almost 7 years and all was fine, plus the fact that I can access the drive to play the original files on my music system via the Linn app is puzzling.
    It all seems to point toward the Mac not being able to access the web sever in order to link files to the NAS drive and even more curious as Kazoo can also control the system from the Mac.
    Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Administrator

Apart from Asset, we were not involved in the creation of AssetNAS, so I could not even tell you which Operating system was used with certainty.

Hi
    Once again thanks for to help, think I might have to bite the bullet however and go for a new NAS drive, any suggestions? Its solely to run the Linn system from.
    In the short term is there any way of attaching the Asset Was drive I have directly to the Mac for access, or even just to copy the stored files?
    Thanks again
    Keith

Administrator

Not unless you can get the network share to work with a username and password. Try the username 'administrator' with the password you have been given.

QNAP are a good brand.