title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ReplayGain tag corruption issue

ReplayGain tag corruption issue

Hi,
    I have run all my FLAC image files through the Replaygain DSP using EBUR128 - 18 LUFS for track and album gain.
    This has worked fine but in the process 2 of my tags (CUESHEET AND EACLOG), which contained text files have become split into separate tag lines for each row of text

Before I did this the "extended tags" screen in MP3Tag for an image looked like the first image (5th and 6th tags). Afterwards both the CUESHEET and EACLOG tags have been split into multiple lines (images 2 and 3)

Screen Shot 1.PNG
    Screen Shot 2.PNG
    Screen Shot 3.PNG

Any idea what has caused this please?

In addition to this, I have also noticed the following very odd behaviour:
    1. Running the Replaygain process removes the previous value in the %totaltracks% tag completely and
    2. Moves the value in the %totaldiscs% tag to %disctotal% tag. The value in %discnumber% seems to not be impacted

Why is this and how can I prevent this from happening please?

Thanks
    Last edited by gsa99; 05-02-2020 at 08:46 AM.

Administrator

Re: ReplayGain tag corruption issue

Sadly you have {CR} in your tags, our programs use this internally to signify a multi-artist, etc item. We can look at excluding these tags from multi-item writing.

Ok thanks. Does this reply just refer to the splitting of the CUESHEET and EACLOG? Or is this also the reason for the %totaltracks% tag disappearing as well?
    Is there a list anywhere of all the tags that dBpoweramp creates for a Flac and an mp3 please when first encoded?
    Thanks

Administrator

Yes CUESHEET and EACLOG.

If after the writing you right click on file >> Edit ID Tags for dBpoweramp to show the tags, does it show track number as '1/10' (for exmaple for 10 total tracks).

Administrator

R17.1 will preserve these carriage returns in the tags for CUESHEET and EACLOG

Thanks. The issue is with a flac image file not an individual flac track so the track number does not appear in the track number tag, but totaltracks does and is being removed each time I run the Replaygain dsp.

Also thanks for fixing the CUESHEET/EACLOG problem in the next release
    G

Administrator

So the file has no track number, only a total track?

Administrator

You can test the other fix, R17.1 is in the testing section of our forum.

Yes correct. It’s just a single Flac image of the CD so individual track numbers are not needed, but the Flac process (using EAC) generates a totaltracks tag which then disappears when I run the dBpoweramp Replaygain Dap for the file

Hi
    Tested the CUESHEET/EACLOG in R17.1 and this works fine. However even though I selected Album and Track gain it is only populating the TrackGain and TrackPeak tags. The AlbumGain and AlbumPeak tags are empty

Administrator

They are written at the end of the conversion, try converting 1 file to replaygain (a local file) and see what happens.

Yes sorry, I was looking at a couple of files whilst the batch had not completed. Its now completed and they have been written. Apologies

Hi just run the ReplayGain dsp (v17.1 64bit)on a single FLAC image that I have just ripped and the totaltracks problem outlined in this thread is still not working quite right.
    Having ripped the CD as a single Flac image I get the total number of tracks in the tag %totaltracks" in simple format eg 10 for an album with 10 tracks.
    After running the ReplayGain dsp I end up with the total number of tracks in the %track% tag in the format /10. The %totaltracks% tag is empty. Can this be corrected so the total number of tracks remains in the %totaltracks% tag?
    Thanks

Administrator

Possible issue noted.