title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contribution: Docker images for Asset UPnP

Contribution: Docker images for Asset UPnP

I'm using the free edition of Asset UPnP for a while now.

I think it is a great piece of software and would like to contribute an integration of AssetUPnP with Docker. It allows to run the free edition of Asset UPnP in a Docker container. The images are built by GitLab CI and pushed to Docker Hub for the platforms Linux on Intel x86 (linux/386), Linux on 64 Bit (linux/amd64) and Raspberry Pi (linux/arm/v7).

I assume and hope that this kind of integration is permitted by the conditions of the free license. It would be nice if someone could confirm that.

- Christian

Administrator

Re: Contribution: Docker images for Asset UPnP

Yes no worries there

Lightbulb Re: Contribution: Docker images for Asset UPnP

Does any body has an idea how to modify the Docker file to load my registered linux package? Currently I&*8217;m trying to setup a ne home server with TrueNAS-Scale.

I also need to know, which are the directories where the config files, Music- and Playlists should be located?

Would be happy for every help!

Ingo

When you run the Docker container as explained under Usage, the configuration directory will be data/.dBpoweramp and media will be taken from the directory /media on your host.

Can I modify the DockerFile like this? I would place the registered Asset-Package into a public directory of my Homenetwork and load it with smbget ...
    FROM alpine
    ARG TARGETARCH
    RUN case "${TARGETARCH}" in \
    arm*) file='Asset-RaspberryPi' ;; \
    amd64) file='AssetUPnP-Linux-x64' ;; \
    386) file='AssetUPnP-Linux-x86' ;; \
    *) >&2 echo "Unsupported architecture: ${TARGETARCH}" && exit 1 ;; \
    esac && \
    smbget -q -O - "MyServer/AssetUPnP-Linux-x64.tar.gz" | tar -C /opt/ -xz && \
    ln -s "$(find /opt/ -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type d | head -n 1)/bin/AssetUPnP" /usr/bin/asset
    RUN mkdir /data
    ENV _APPDATA_OVERRIDE=/data
    STOPSIGNAL SIGINT
    CMD asset
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ***

The only thing I need to find out is, how to modify the existing Docker File in TrueNAS ....

Changing the Dockerfile will not help you. The smbget command would be run once when the Docker image is created, not every time when you start a container.

You should be fine using one of the existing Docker images, because both configuration and media directories can be configured without a custom Docker image.

I don't know how registration for Asset UPnP works in detail. But if there's some kind of license file, all you have to do is to put it into data/.dBpoweramp within the directory where your TrueNAS stores the files of the Docker container.

Does TrueNAS support docker-compose? You could simply use the docker-compose.yml the GitHub in this case.

I already have it running with your DockerFile. But only the Public Software. So if I change it to "smbget", then I import the modified file with Docker Load ..it should work? I'm quite new to Docker Files ...

TrueNas supports Docker via kubernetes ... (https://www.truenas.com/truenas-scale/)

Got it working with smbget from my FritzBox-NAS(Cable Router) ... modyfied the docker file and container is already running on Windows Docker Desktop, now need to prepare the repository to transfer it to TrueNAS.

Nice to hear that you're making progress. Please keep in mind that you're now maintaining your own custom Docker image and you'll have to create a new image on every asset update. This is not necessary when you use the image from Docker Hub and just mount your license and media directories into it. For future updates of asset, new images will be built automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by asset-user View Post
    Nice to hear that you're making progress. Please keep in mind that you're now maintaining your own custom Docker image and you'll have to create a new image on every asset update. This is not necessary when you use the image from Docker Hub and just mount your license and media directories into it. For future updates of asset, new images will be built automatically.
    I understood, but the question is, where is the license stored?

Maybe you can find it in your current configuration directory (.dBpoweramp), did you have a look there? Or maybe @Spoon can help out.

Found it ... it's working now :-)

Thanks for the idea ....

Great! Does that mean you're able to use the the image from Docker hub now? If so, you have the choice to select either a stable image version (e.g. R7.5) or latest for the latest version (which would be the same right now). You may run docker pull to check for new images, maybe your TrueNAS even has an option to do this regularly.

Yes, I'm using der Image from Docker-Hub. TrueNAS Scale is showing, whether there is an update available ...... you need just to push the button "Update"!

Great!

Working fine. Response on Linux System much more better than with windows version.

Some ongoing tests, and I will retire my Windows Home Server!
    Last edited by NRWler04; 12-25-2022 at 10:16 AM.

Hi NRWler04

I am trying to set up a docker on unRAID, looks like similar issues you had. How did you get around the registration problem please? I found a Registration tab on the web ui, put in my order number but the trial date is still counting down...

Cheers.