title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How do I change the names of files ripped?

How do I change the names of files ripped?

I just downloaded dbpoweramp today to give it a try. I was immediately confused by something. How do you change the names of files that ripped? I see it is under Naming in the lower left. Great. However, the interface makes zero sense to me. In MusicBee I simply type in this: <Album Artist>\<Album>\<Album Artist>-<Disc-Track*>-<Title>. Done.

Dbpoweramp seems to have the complex code thing that when I click Add Tag adds it adds the tag to this Dynamic Naming box tthat is fill of code that I don't undestand at all. All I want to set it as is to have all discs ripped as this, not the hypens as well:
    <Album Artist>\<Album>\<Album Artist>-<Disc-Track*>-<Title>.

How the heck do I do that? This should be a 30-second task in my opinon.

Thanks!

Administrator

Re: How do I change the names of files ripped?

[album artist]\[album]\[album artist]-[disc]-[track]-[title]

However the code is there so that if the disc does not have an album artist then artist is used in the place. Also if the disc is a compilation then album artist does not mean anything, so the code puts that disc into Various artists. Also the length of the title is trimmed (try ripping a classical CD where the title is greater than 255 characters and you will see issues with folder names not being the same.