title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Sorting Albums by flac sample rate.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sorting Albums by flac sample rate.

Hello all

I have a collection of roughly 6,500 albums stored on a Synology NAS and have recently moved from Minimserve to Asset uPnP. Whilst the majority of files are standard 16Bit 44.1KHz flacs, I also have many hi-res albums in 24 Bit 96KHz and 192KHz formats. I would like to be able to group these albums by their sample rate so that it would be easy to find higher resolution tracks. Is this possible in Asset? I have fiddled around now for ages and while I can see how to list 16Bit vs 24Bit, I can't seem to find a way to do this by sample rate. Perhaps I'm missing the obvious and my apologies if this query has been asked before, but I'm a bit lost.

Thanks

Hugh

Administrator

Re: Sorting Albums by flac sample rate.

Not by sample rate, sorry.

dBpoweramp Guru

For any hi-res albums I have, I just put [24-96] or [24-192] as the end of the album name.
    e.g.,

ARTIST: Grateful Dead
    ALBUM: American Beauty [24-96]

dBpoweramp Guru

What I do is populate a custom tag in all my flacs, based on filetype, resolution and no. of channels.

In Asset, the custom tag is added to the asset database and finally, the browse tree.

In the asset database, the tag 'Frequency' is already present. If you add it to the browse tree, you will have the sample rate as an entry.

See attached screenshots.

IMG_1376.jpg

Many thanks to all. I'll try your suggestions.

Hugh