title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Potential Metadata handling Bug in dBpoweramp version 16.6 [64 bit]

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KareNettson
    • Apr 2020

Potential Metadata handling Bug in dBpoweramp version 16.6 [64 bit]

Hello

I have found a potential bug in version 16.6 and I would like to know if it exist in latest version as well.
    I tag my record tracks with a few different tags for filtering in Linn Kazoo app.
    The problem is for two records (out of 437) the tags for "Genre" are merged together.
    Example

If you set Genre to the following string

_CD; Jazz; Storband

spaces are deleted and becomes

_CD;Jazz;Storband

which means a combined Genre rather than three individually searchable Genres in Linn Kazoo (version 4.13.64 run on iOS version 3.3.1)

(Storband is swedish for Big band)

I kept troubleshooting for quite a while until I found out that what the two records had in common was that they are the only records in my collection which are in mp3 format. All others are in FLAC.
    So I converted the files to FLAC using dBPowerAmp Music Converter (without doing any other changes) and the problem disappeared.

So my question to moderators are if you can confirm my findings and if this bug has been corrected in any later version?

Please let me know.
    Last edited by KareNettson; 04-25-2020, 05:01 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Potential Metadata handling Bug in dBpoweramp version 16.6 [64 bit]

If you right click on the mp3 file >> Edit ID Tags and look at the genre, is it:

_CD; Jazz; Storband

or

_CD;Jazz;Storband

?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• KareNettson
      • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Spoon
      If you right click on the mp3 file >> Edit ID Tags and look at the genre, is it:

_CD; Jazz; Storband

or

_CD;Jazz;Storband

?
      _CD; Jazz; Storband
      i.e. spaces are there when edit tag but when opened in Linn Kazoo spaces are removed.
      No problem if you convert files to FLAC using dBPowerAmp. Then spaces are present in Linn Kazoo

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The issue is with your UPnP server, it is miss reading the ID Tags for multiple Genres. You can try Asset UPnP as the server, download the free trial.

If the tags appear with spaces in ID Tag edit then they are correctly written as multiple genres. The standard for writing multiples is '/' in mp3 ID3v2 tags.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>