title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

TuneFusion conversion from FLAC to M4A does not support Gapless ITUNSMPB tag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmcritchie
    • May 2019

Re: TuneFusion conversion from FLAC to M4A does not support Gapless ITUNSMPB tag

Yes I have, and the tag is missing. I also use the mp3tag app, which confirms the same.

Whereas if I look at the output of a 1:1 copy of an m4a file, I see the iTunSMPB tag using both methods.

So the problem is specific to FLAC -> m4a encoding.

Dennis

Comment

• dmcritchie
      • May 2019

Re: TuneFusion conversion from FLAC to M4A does not support Gapless ITUNSMPB tag

Originally posted by dmcritchie
      Yes I have, and the tag is missing. I also use the mp3tag app, which confirms the same.

Whereas if I look at the output of a 1:1 copy of an m4a file, I see the iTunSMPB tag using both methods.

So the problem is specific to FLAC -> m4a encoding.

Dennis
      Bump

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

We look again at TF in the next 6 weeks, so will test this again.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dmcritchie
          • May 2019

Originally posted by Spoon
          We look again at TF in the next 6 weeks, so will test this again.
          Hi Spoon,

It's been more than 2 months. Any ETA on getting this looked at?

Thanks,
          Dennis

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Still on other programs (currently Video Converter R2), will get around soon.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Just tested this exact issue and cannot reproduce. Try this please, create 2 folders on the hdd:

c:\tf-source
              c:\tf-destination

add a new sync (Network share / local folder), the destination to the tf-destination, the source to tf-source.

Set the lossy encoder as 'm4a FDK (aac)' CBR 224kbps, (advanced >> profile LC AAC gapless: iTUNSmbp)

Then add a flac file to the tf-source folder, do a sync, and use dBpoweramp rc >> edit id tags, does it show the iTUNSMPB tag?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dmcritchie
                • May 2019

Thanks Spoon.

I just got around to trying your suggestion above, and found that my upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5 was totally corrupted.
                The problem I previously reported where 1:1 copies of m4a files had the ITunSMPB tag, but the conversion of FLAC files to m4a did not, was done with v1.4.
                When I found my 1.5 installation to be corrupted, I reinstalled 1.5 into a new directory, and now it all works fine. The ITunSMPB flag is present for both 1:1 copies of m4a files and for FLAC->m4a conversions.

Thanks for your help, and apologies for the delay in reporting back.
                Dennis

Comment

• dmcritchie
                  • May 2019

OK, I spoke too soon. I was able to reproduce the case where FLAC->m4a conversion doesn't create an ITunSMPB tag:
                  This fails to work if the DSP Effect called ID Tag Processing for "Multiple Artists to 'Artist1; Artist2' (for non multiple artist aware programs)" is enabled: multiple artists are handled correctly in MediaMonkey, but the ITunSMPB tag is lost during the FLAC->m4a conversion.

Alternately, if I don't set this DSP Effect, I lose the multiple artists in MediaMonkey but the ITunSMPB tag is created during FLAC->m4a conversion.

(For 1:1 copies of m4a files, the DSP Effect works if defined, and the ITunSMPB tag is preserved in either case.)

Is there a way around this so I can have both the ID Tag Processing for multiple artists AND the ITunSMPB tag during FLAC->m4a conversion?

Thanks,
                  Dennis

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Will have a look at it, next time working on TF.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>