title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TuneFusion conversion from FLAC to M4A does not support Gapless ITUNSMPB tag

Re: TuneFusion conversion from FLAC to M4A does not support Gapless ITUNSMPB tag

Yes I have, and the tag is missing. I also use the mp3tag app, which confirms the same.

Whereas if I look at the output of a 1:1 copy of an m4a file, I see the iTunSMPB tag using both methods.

So the problem is specific to FLAC -> m4a encoding.

Dennis

Re: TuneFusion conversion from FLAC to M4A does not support Gapless ITUNSMPB tag

Quote Originally Posted by dmcritchie View Post
    Yes I have, and the tag is missing. I also use the mp3tag app, which confirms the same.

Whereas if I look at the output of a 1:1 copy of an m4a file, I see the iTunSMPB tag using both methods.

So the problem is specific to FLAC -> m4a encoding.

Dennis
    Bump

Administrator

We look again at TF in the next 6 weeks, so will test this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    We look again at TF in the next 6 weeks, so will test this again.
    Hi Spoon,

It's been more than 2 months. Any ETA on getting this looked at?

Thanks,
    Dennis

Administrator

Still on other programs (currently Video Converter R2), will get around soon.

Administrator

Just tested this exact issue and cannot reproduce. Try this please, create 2 folders on the hdd:

c:\tf-source
    c:\tf-destination

add a new sync (Network share / local folder), the destination to the tf-destination, the source to tf-source.

Set the lossy encoder as 'm4a FDK (aac)' CBR 224kbps, (advanced >> profile LC AAC gapless: iTUNSmbp)

Then add a flac file to the tf-source folder, do a sync, and use dBpoweramp rc >> edit id tags, does it show the iTUNSMPB tag?

Thanks Spoon.

I just got around to trying your suggestion above, and found that my upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5 was totally corrupted.
    The problem I previously reported where 1:1 copies of m4a files had the ITunSMPB tag, but the conversion of FLAC files to m4a did not, was done with v1.4.
    When I found my 1.5 installation to be corrupted, I reinstalled 1.5 into a new directory, and now it all works fine. The ITunSMPB flag is present for both 1:1 copies of m4a files and for FLAC->m4a conversions.

Thanks for your help, and apologies for the delay in reporting back.
    Dennis

OK, I spoke too soon. I was able to reproduce the case where FLAC->m4a conversion doesn't create an ITunSMPB tag:
    This fails to work if the DSP Effect called ID Tag Processing for "Multiple Artists to 'Artist1; Artist2' (for non multiple artist aware programs)" is enabled: multiple artists are handled correctly in MediaMonkey, but the ITunSMPB tag is lost during the FLAC->m4a conversion.

Alternately, if I don't set this DSP Effect, I lose the multiple artists in MediaMonkey but the ITunSMPB tag is created during FLAC->m4a conversion.

(For 1:1 copies of m4a files, the DSP Effect works if defined, and the ITunSMPB tag is preserved in either case.)

Is there a way around this so I can have both the ID Tag Processing for multiple artists AND the ITunSMPB tag during FLAC->m4a conversion?

Thanks,
    Dennis

Administrator

Will have a look at it, next time working on TF.