title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error no encoder specified.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lars Sundin
    • Apr 2020

Error no encoder specified.

I'm running on a Mac with macOS Catalina (10.15.4)

When using CD-Ripper I sometimes get the errors below. I have tried all sort of converters with no luck. I most cases Apple Music can rip the CD with no problems.

Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 5' to '…/Music/DMC/Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus/Mozart; Jupiter Symphony & Overtures, Alfred Scholz; London Philharmonic Orchestra/Overture from "The Magic Flute" (K. 620).m4a'
    Error no encoder specified. [ParseCommandLine]

Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 1' to '/Users/larssundin/Music/DMC/Nielsen, Carl/Nielsen; Symphonies Nos. 4 & 5, San Francisco Symphony Chorus/Symphony No. 4 ("Det uudslukkelige"; "Inextinguishable"), FS 76 (Op. 29); I. Allegro.m4a'

Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 1' to '/Users/larssundin/Music/DMC/Nielsen, Carl/Nielsen; Symphonies Nos. 4 & 5, San Francisco Symphony Chorus/Symphony No. 4 ("Det uudslukkelige"; "Inextinguishable"), FS 76 (Op. 29); I. Allegro.flac'

Error converting to Wave, 'Track 1' to '/Users/larssundin/Music/DMC/Nielsen, Carl/Nielsen; Symphonies Nos. 4 & 5, San Francisco Symphony Chorus/Symphony No. 4 ("Det uudslukkelige"; "Inextinguishable"), FS 76 (Op. 29); I. Allegro.wav'
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Re: Error no encoder specified.

Thanks for the bug report.

Problems with quotation marks in file names have been addressed in R17.1 beta 2-
    Current version: beta 15 https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/DMC-R171b15.dmg Changes since R17: Fixed launcher window not working correctly on Mac OS Yosemite. CD Ripper: Fixed de-emphasis not being correctly activated on CDs with pre-emphasis. CD Ripper: Added de-emphasis toggle. CD Ripper: More readable output codec list (re

Comment

• pingle99
      • May 2020

Re: Error no encoder specified.

Thank you! I have not yet updated to R17.1 Beta 2 (I'm on the main R17.1) I simply changed the titles of the tracks to remove quotation marks, and voila! it works. This has been bugging me for days - I'm on a Mac and I have been ripping with Apple Music to M4A then converting using NCH Switch - this works but it's time-consuming. Now I can do it properly!

Comment

Working...

]]>