title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

tracks appearing in destination folder without .flac suffix

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Weill
    • Apr 2020

tracks appearing in destination folder without .flac suffix

New user here, still learning the ropes.
    I've run into a problem a second time and would love some guidance. Macbook Pro user.

I am ripping a commercial CD that wasn't in any of the databases. I manually entered all the metadata and found the artwork. When I rip the CD, I get "accurate" on all tracks. In the destination folder, for some reason it creates two folders: Eddie Cleanhead Vinson and Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson. (I had manually entered the quotation marks.)

In the non-quotation-marks folder, I see all the audio tracks, but no artwork, and the titles look like this:
    01 Eddie Cleanhead Vinson - Ashes on My Pillow._

No .flac! In the finder window it's listed as a "document" rather than a flac file.

Note that this is not about my settings (I think), since ripping other CDs works fine. The destination folder and format are set correctly.

In the with-quotation-marks folder: there are no audio tracks but the artwork is there.

This happened with a few tracks previously--I just manually changed the ._ to .flac, and played the track to make sure it was working. But that is an annoying fix to have to do on 27 tracks.

I did restart dbpoweramp and my external drive and took the CD out etc. I have ripped the CD 3 times (interestingly it is not telling me "this has already been ripped, do you want to re-rip?" as it does normally). No change to the results.

Thoughts?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: tracks appearing in destination folder without .flac suffix

._ is the active ripping filename, you cannot rip to where another program might take access of the file, such as iTunes as dBpoweramp would not be able to tag it and rename to .flac at the end.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Weill
      • Apr 2020

Ok. Why would ._ remain after ripping is complete? What do you mean "where another program might take access of the file"? Why would this happen on one CD but not on many others?
      I am ripping to a folder on my desktop that is solely for this purpose.

Comment

• Weill
        • Apr 2020

I tried trashing the two folders that had been created and re-ripping again. Identical result. No other music program of any kind is open on my computer. Other CDs continue to rip fine.

??

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

What is the full folder path name for those 2 CDs?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PeterP
            Super Moderator
            • Jul 2011

Problems with quotation marks in folder names have been confirmed, a new update correcting these will be out shortly.

Comment

• PeterP
              Super Moderator
              • Jul 2011

Fixed in R17.1 beta 2-
              Current version: beta 15 https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/DMC-R171b15.dmg Changes since R17: Fixed launcher window not working correctly on Mac OS Yosemite. CD Ripper: Fixed de-emphasis not being correctly activated on CDs with pre-emphasis. CD Ripper: Added de-emphasis toggle. CD Ripper: More readable output codec list (re

Comment

• Weill
                • Apr 2020

Thank you! The update solved my problem.

Comment

Working...

]]>