title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Destination Folder in Mac

Destination Folder in Mac

Hello Everyone,

I have a MacBook Pro with Catalina system 10.15.4, and am running dBpoweramp 17(1) that I just bought.

I have already entered a lot of information for my dBpoweramp configuration. My uncertainties about that are another subject. My plan has been to rip my first CD and save it to my external Hard Disc. Then I will rip an entire collection of thousands of CD's.

The first CD has been ripped. However, I have an immediate problem. I do not know where the CD has been ripped, and also do not know how to select the location of where it will be ripped. I have done multiple web searches and am quite confused. I do not know how to choose "encoder" or "multi-encoder," or any other options about "naming," etc. I do not know if these choices are even on my version of dBpoweramp.

My problem seem to me to be quite elementary. Any advice would be appreciated.

David

Administrator

Re: Destination Folder in Mac

See this:

http://dbpoweramp.com/dmchelposx/CDhelp.htm

The encoder and paths are the lower left of the CD Ripper application, where it says 'Rip to' change to 'Multi-Encoder'

Then for multi encoder:

http://dbpoweramp.com/dmchelposx/multiencoder.htm

You add encoders, and set a location 'output to' where each encoder is saved to.

You will need to change output to as 'Edit dynamic naming', change the base location to the somewhere on your external drive. And the Dynamic naming to:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title]

Hello Spoon,

Thanks a lot for your advice. I'll look into that.

Meanwhile, I just changed the path on the settings and now it works fine.

To be honest, among some other things, I do not even know what encoder and multi-endoder are?

Best wishes,
    David

Administrator

Multi-encoder allows you to write to 2 different audio formats at the same time, such as flac and mp3. As you had mentioned it, I thought you had a need for such.

I am having the same problem. No matter which path I choose, I cannot find the file. Is it a problem with compatibility with the latest Catalina upgrade? I have the latest 17 upgrade too.

Administrator

Which path have you set? look at this also:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...ty-Permissions

Spoon, this does not work as both are checked on my system. I ordered the R 17 version because I thought this was the problem, but it is not. All of a sudden, dbpoweramp is not ripping my CDs as I cannot find them in any folder. Do you have another suggestion?

Spoon, never mind. I got it working. Apparently, I changed the Naming by mistake.