title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music COnverter rel. 17 - error reading metadata for to be converted FLAC-file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peter Hunziker
    • Apr 2020

Music COnverter rel. 17 - error reading metadata for to be converted FLAC-file

I've bought and installed today dBPoweramp Rel. 17 and am very disappointed about the result of my first trial co convert a FLAC-file to MP3 by the Music Converter. Conversion begins, but after a few seconds, it stops and announces: ERROR READING METADATA The FLAC-file opens with other programs without problem. I know,I'm not the first with this issue, but with the new rel. 17????
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Music COnverter rel. 17 - error reading metadata for to be converted FLAC-file

Please upload the flac file to dropbox and personal message me the link.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Re: Music COnverter rel. 17 - error reading metadata for to be converted FLAC-file

Originally posted by Peter Hunziker
      I've bought and installed today dBPoweramp Rel. 17 and am very disappointed about the result of my first trial co convert a FLAC-file to MP3 by the Music Converter. Conversion begins, but after a few seconds, it stops and announces: ERROR READING METADATA The FLAC-file opens with other programs without problem. I know,I'm not the first with this issue, but with the new rel. 17????
      I just tested on my own V17 install (done today). I converted FLAC files to mp3(lame) with no issues. Spoon will have more info when he looks at your FLAC file. (and where is the FLAC file being converted stored? Is it on the computer disk where you are running dbpa? Or is it on a NAS or some other location? Perhaps the issue is file access being prevented.)

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

This flac file was created incorrectly, it had an ID3v2 tag at the start of the file, this is not part of the specification for FLAC which uses Vorbis Comments. As we use the official flac libraries for decoding and encoding flac files, any other programs which use the same libraries will not be able to read this file either (it is like me taking a word document and writing a strange bunch of data at the start of the file, MS word would not then be able to open the file, but other applications if they search in the word document for the real start might be able to).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>