title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dB< MacBook Pro, G Drive, VLC > tags disappearing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kaos
    • Apr 2020

dB< MacBook Pro, G Drive, VLC > tags disappearing?

Hi everyone, I’m a newbie to your forum so I hope not to break any rules & that my issue may help others. So I’ve been running the dB converter successfully up until recently when I decided to update my library & so I’m back Flacing my CD’s. The system is simple enough with my Flac files ending up on a 4Tb G-Drive ( Ex-Fat formatted ). My last adventure resulted in a folder approx 115Gb in size containing the ripped CD’s. I had no problems first time around & Im using the same technique this time. I’m guessing but I reckon it’s a USB 2.0 post all the data is traveling through.
    To my issue which is a complete pain. To check on the ‘genre’ of a particular CD I may have ripped a couple of days ago I select one of the ripped tunes & right click, this brings up a VLC info window which contains all relevant information. The important part ‘More Info’ the details are simply disappearing. The first time it happened I used MetaBliss to address the issue. MetaBliss shows me the information is still there but it’s not visible under normal viewing(described above). In order to fix it I have to do something, anything within MetaBliss. ( eg add the figure ‘1’ to a tag column ie tagging each item ) & then after closing that program & reopening the file on the G drive the info is visible again. I won’t drag this out much further. If anyone could help that would be fantastic. My instinct tells me it’s the G drive though it’s never been abused. I could do with a faster port, so maybe Thundebolt as I’ve just ordered a 1Tb micro sd card. Leaving the G drive plugged in overnight doesn’t resolve the issue so don’t think ultimately it’s a speed transfer issue; is the drive corrupted, I have tried Disk Utility Repair, which says all is fine.
    Finally tonight I ripped a couple of CD’s. Everything fine. Unmounted drive, turned off PC. Later rebooted to find that the critical information was lost again. Exasperated. I’ll try & attach a couple of images.
    Thanks in advance.
    Kaos.
    Attached Files
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dB&lt; MacBook Pro, G Drive, VLC &gt; tags disappearing?

To check the tags you are best, right click on file >> services >> Tag with dBpoweramp

Of install PerfectTUNES which allows you to browse your HDD showing all the ID Tags.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>