title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ripping errors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickc074
    • Apr 2020

ripping errors

my win10 install suddenly started refusing to rip CDs (maybe 2 months ago). Every track would finish with an error. I did see an error from Lame that it couldn't open the file.
    I thought it might be that the drive failed, but I got an external portable drive, and it's no better.
    Yes, I can play the CD from the drive.

Today, I thought, maybe it's a software issue, so I went and bought the latest version. I use this program enough that I'm happy to pay for it.

No soap. It still errors out. The cd is nearly pristine. I don't use my discs as cat toys.

I'm at a loss as to what to do. I'm going to install this on the iMac and we'll see if it is as hosed.

thanks in advance
    --rickc074
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ripping errors

The error means it cannot save to where you want to save it, perhaps you save to a network drive and the password has been forgotten by Windows, use Windows file explorer to browse to the location you save the files.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rickc074
      • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Spoon
      The error means it cannot save to where you want to save it, perhaps you save to a network drive and the password has been forgotten by Windows, use Windows file explorer to browse to the location you save the files.
      the save location is an outboard usb drive that I have no problem writing to from other applications.
      I will try a different location, just in case. that is/was a good suggestion.

So the error message from Lame meant that it couldn't open the DESTINATION file, as opposed to what's on the CD. makes sense.

Comment

• rickc074
        • Apr 2020

yes, that's the problem. It can't open the destination file. If I had scrolled the error window, I would have seen that detail for the error.
        Now, I get that error when I try using the multi-encoder option. If I just use a single encoder, then the rip proceeds.

What could that be?

It appears that the Mac version does not have the multi encoder option. <t/f>?

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

If using multi encoder, you have to config a destination for each encoder separetly.

Dat Ei

Comment

• rickc074
            • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Dat Ei
            If using multi encoder, you have to config a destination for each encoder separetly.

Dat Ei
            yes, the win10 install has a separate folder for each type of encoding: wav, flac, and mp3.

with the w10 install, the individual (run alone) encoder configs work fine, but I get the destination file error when I try to run 3 at once.

Comment

• rickc074
              • Apr 2020

the problem was in the dynamic naming for the mp3 file type. I had to figure out what the UI was doing, and then I got it to work. It helped to compare it with the other two file types, to see what was different.

Comment

Working...

]]>