title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

converting lossy to lossy with replaygain album gain apply

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Partha
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2017

converting lossy to lossy with replaygain album gain apply

Hi, let me explain this. I have a bunch of loudly mastered MP3 320 kbps files so I want to volume normalise them. I don't mind the slight deterioration in music quality from lossy to lossy as long as the volumes are listenable. I opt for album gain(apply), so this is how I am doing it:

1. Add Replaygain album info to MP3 file. Close Music Converter.

2. Open Music Converter, source Replaygain album-info added files. Set To Lame MP3 320 kbs and DSP Replaygain (apply; album gain).

3. Done.

Is this about right? Or should I convert the original loud MP3 to a WAV file first and then do the other steps?

I know lossy to lossy will deteriorate sound. I also know I can use the volume normalise DSP but that only has track gain option. I want album gain only. Please tell if the steps are okay or I should convert to WAV first.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: converting lossy to lossy with replaygain album gain apply

No need to convert to wave, ReplayGain Apply is all you need on the 2nd step.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Partha
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2017

Re: converting lossy to lossy with replaygain album gain apply

Originally posted by Spoon
      No need to convert to wave, ReplayGain Apply is all you need on the 2nd step.
      Thanks a ton

Comment

Working...

]]>