title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Converter - Creating Unique Folders

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pdawg
    • Apr 2020

Batch Converter - Creating Unique Folders

Hello,

Using batch converter I would like to know if its possible to do the following. Is it possible to create new, unique folders for each CD that is converted? I know it has to be done using the dynamic renaming and I read the guide but I am lost. I would like something along the lines of:
    X:\Disk1\Track1 etc
    X:\Disk2\Track1 etc
    X:\Disk3\Track1 etc

I plan on using a CD changer to automate a large number of CDs. At first I tried "[artist]\[album]\[title]" which worked for most songs, but then it hit a song it didn't know and would put it at the root of X:\ and would later be overwritten by another CD down the line that had the same issue. So I would like an increasingly numbered folder for each CD and then I can rename later with a meta data analyzer or just dump the entire directory in Plex and go from there.

I will gladly elaborate I know some of that was a mess, but I am beyond flustered and mad at myself.

PDawg
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Batch Converter - Creating Unique Folders

Using CD Ripper, Batch Ripper or Batch Converter (not ripping, and converting existing files)?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Pdawg
      • Apr 2020

Hello,

These are files on disc so I will be ripping them to store them on the NAS. I bought the entire suite so perhaps I'm using the wrong application?

Thanks
      PDawg

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Add:

[discunique]\

at the start of your naming string.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Pdawg
          • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Spoon
          Add:

[discunique]\

at the start of your naming string.
          I apologize for the delay but this was perfect. Also had to download the batch ripper configurator, but it worked like a charm. Thanks!

Comment

Working...

]]>